lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2020, 08:12 PM   #1
Curtisgc1
Not Yet Wild

Default TechDirect Lithium upgrade Polaris ranger ev

Hello everyone.

I have a 2011 ranger ev and I bought 2x 48v Nissan Leaf packs from TechDirect with 3.5kw hours for a total of 7kw.

My question is: Do I need to reprogram the sevcon controller? I ran the 48v packs to a bus bar and runs good as long as I don't go too fast or up hills too fast. I am assuming I need more current. The cart will just shut off completely. If I reset the connector to the contactor, it runs fine until I drive too fast. I ordered another set for a total of 14kwh but wondering if I need to do anything else. I am using the charger supplied buy tech direct and the bms is in each pack. Do I need to reprogram sevcon? I have lights and the winch works so I am pulling the 12v from the DC to DC converter? Do I need to disconnect so I dont unbalance the lithium pack? Any help would be appreciated. I can send some photos if needed.
Curtisgc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2020, 07:59 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: TechDirect Lithium upgrade Polaris ranger ev

My guess would be that the BMS is causing the cart to shut down. techdirect has sold to other members on here, some of which have had the same problem. What are the specs of the BMS concerning amps? I know they at one time were selling one that could only handle 60 amps continuous, which is no where near enough.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:35 PM   #3
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

I am probably the least qualified to answer this question so take it for what it is worth. After hearing from several of the more knowledgeable folks on this form and researching a ton of pre built leaf packs, non of them would handle enough amperage for a golf cart. I wanted to skip a build and it just wasn’t available. I bought G2 modules from tech direct and am building my own following Sergio’s design.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 02:08 PM   #4
Curtisgc1
Not Yet Wild

What is sergios design?
Old 06-27-2020, 03:20 PM   #5
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

Look in the club car Lithium thread. Basic 7 leaf upgrade. Read the whole thread. I hope to post my experiences on the build over the 4th of July holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 04:40 PM   #6
Curtisgc1
Not Yet Wild

I looked it over. Its seems pretty intimidating at first glance. How much current do you need to draw for a golf cart. I have a different animal and not sure if this will work.

Tags
lithium, ranger ev
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium