lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2020, 12:32 PM   #1
Corncheeto16
Not Yet Wild

Default Ez go won't move

I have an ez go 36 volt series drive cart. (year unknown) it has the Curtis 1206 controller. I'm trying to wire the cart back up and seems like I'm doing something wrong. With the key switch off I'm getting. Voltage on all high output terminals except b-

Even s1 s2 a1 a2 have pack voltage with the key off and pedal depressed.
Solenoid clicks when pedal is pressed and cart does not move.

Any help is appreciated.

I have the wiring schematic for the series drive txt model too
Corncheeto16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2020, 01:34 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez go won't move

What are you referencing your DVM to?

Unless otherwise stipulated, the DVM's negative test lead ought to be connected to the battery pack's main negative terminal.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 04:32 PM   #3
Corncheeto16
Not Yet Wild

Dvm referenced to current pack voltage and all my test for voltage test are done with negative lead hooked to negative on pack
Old 07-03-2020, 06:17 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If the keyswitch is not ON, the solenoid should not click when pedal is pressed.

The attached schematic has the solenoid activation circuit highlighted.

-----------
With the negative test lead on battery B-, you will measure very near pack voltage on the motor studs if the F/R switch is in either F or R.

-----------
with direction selected and key on, connect the DVM's negative test lead to the controller's B- terminal and the positive test lead to the M- terminal. You should red a few volts lees than pack voltage.

Press pedal just far enough to make solenoid click and you should read full battery pack voltage.

Press pedal to floor and voltage should decrease to zero.

If it doesn't either motor, controller or throttle is bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series with KSI traced.JPG (58.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-03-2020, 06:42 PM   #5
Corncheeto16
Not Yet Wild

This may help. I followed a tech manual up to this point key on, pedal down, reading between b+ and m- has no voltage. It then says to go straight to step 16 which is on the pic I attached. Performing step 16 I have pack voltage so it says to check 4 pin control harness. What should I be checking. The red wire from the 4 pin connector goes back to one of the small terminals on the solenoid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200703-183145_Drive.jpg (185.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-03-2020, 07:08 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

It says check 4 pin connector. Not pin-4 of connector.

There is a gray cable coming out of the pedal box under floor mat (can be seen from under cart) and at the end if it there is a 4 pin in-line connector. (See attached drawing - connector circled in red))

This connector causes all sorts of problems and many people eliminate it, using individual butt-splices or solder joints and waterproof them with marine grade (adhesive filled) shrink tubing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg In-Line connector.jpg (79.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-03-2020, 07:34 PM   #7
Corncheeto16
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for the confusion. That is the connector I checked for voltage at.
Update. I read that if I have pack voltage on positive side of small terminals on solenoid with key on and pedal pressed down then my solenoid could be bad. Replaced with another one I had laying around but when I hooked it up I put the diode on backwards. When i turned the key on and pressed the pedal my micro switch in my pedal box started smoking. Woops. I disconnected.everything and re installed diode in the correct direction. Banded side on positive side. Re connected everything and the mircoswitch in the pedal box smoked again when I pressed the pedal
Old 07-03-2020, 07:42 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncheeto16 View Post
Sorry for the confusion. That is the connector I checked for voltage at.
Update. I read that if I have pack voltage on positive side of small terminals on solenoid with key on and pedal pressed down then my solenoid could be bad. Replaced with another one I had laying around but when I hooked it up I put the diode on backwards. When i turned the key on and pressed the pedal my micro switch in my pedal box started smoking. Woops. I disconnected.everything and re installed diode in the correct direction. Banded side on positive side. Re connected everything and the mircoswitch in the pedal box smoked again when I pressed the pedal
With a direction selected and the keyswitch on, you should have battery pack voltage on both small terminals. If not the solenoid coil is bad.
If you do and the solenoid does not click when pedal is pushed, then you have a bad pedal switch.

If the same diode and/or microswitch were used, the smoke isn't a surprise.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:56 PM   #9
Corncheeto16
Not Yet Wild

Am I supposed to have voltage on the small terminals when the pedal is pressed with the key on ?

I ordered a new solenoid , resistor, pedal micro switch, and a new ITS.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:24 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncheeto16 View Post
Am I supposed to have voltage on the small terminals when the pedal is pressed with the key on ?

I ordered a new solenoid , resistor, pedal micro switch, and a new ITS.
Before pedal is pressed, you should have voltage on both small terminals and after pedal is pressed there should only be voltage on one of them.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO