lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2015, 09:13 PM   #1
The Engineer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1995 DS to MCOR4 Conversion - AM293201

I would like to try to give a little back to this forum as a way to repay for all of the information
that I have gained here over the years. So I thought I would post this information about how
my brother and I installed a Pre-MCOR to MCOR4 Kit (AM293201) on our 1995 Club Car DS.
Hopefully to help with anyone’s questions, here is some background information about the cart my
brother and I bought several years ago for our hunt camp. Our cart is used almost exclusively in the
woods and the serial number on our cart indicates that it is a 1995 Club Car DS (48 volt), also when
purchased the cart appeared to be completely stock. The first upgrades that we made were to install a
lift kit, large off road tires, GE D395 motor, HD F/R switch, high amperage solenoid, larger cables
and an Alltrex AXE controller. We soon realized that the batteries needed replacing, so new batteries
were installed.
After a year or so of use, we were not happy with the throttle response of the stock Club Car stepped
potentiometer. The cart would jump from one speed to the next and would not creep very well. So we
first tried changing the values of the resistors in the stepped potentiometer. This helped and could
have probably been made to work given time to determine the exact resistor values that we would
need to give an acceptable throttle response. However, we really wanted a smoother and constantly
variable throttle response. So we bought a PB-6 throttle potentiometer (0-5k). At first, it
worked very well and we thought we had solved our throttle issue. However, the PB-6 is not sealed
very well and after a year or so, oxidization the PB-6’s internal potentiometer would cause the cart to
jerk and jump. This was very dangerous, especially in the woods or on rough terrain. Placing the cart
in neutral and pumping the gas pedal would “clean” the potentiometer and the cart would operate
great for a short period of time. However, this got old really quickly and, after a few close calls, it
was obvious that a new solution was in order.
Meanwhile, someone else at the camp had purchase a 1996 Club Car, which had a newer pedal
design that included a MCOR. He asked us to upgrade his cart with the same off-road items we had
on our cart. After the power and lift upgrades, his cart ran great and his MCOR continued to operate
smoothly. So, we ordered the Club Car #AM293201 - MCOR 4 Conversion Kit to replace the PB-6
throttle potentiometer on our cart.

I hope this is of some help to someone.... Sorry this is so long and the files are so big... First real post to the forum...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MCOR Kit2.jpg (32.8 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1995 Club Car to MCOR4 pt1.zip (139.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: zip 1995 Club Car to MCOR4 pt2.zip (893.7 KB, 0 views)
The Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2015, 05:58 PM   #2
The Engineer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1995 DS to MCOR4 Conversion - AM293201

When the ZIP files that are attached to the above post are extracted, you will have the detailed PDF conversion document for installing the AM293201 MCOR4 conversion on a 1995 style pedal group as seen below.
The PDF document was way too large to upload as a PDF, so I had to divide it up and compress it to meet the file upload requirements of the forum...
Thanks for looking...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 95 pedal1.jpg (55.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20151102_135034.jpg (179.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20151102_134609.jpg (174.7 KB, 0 views)
The Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:01 PM   #3
fishstick
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Does anyone else have the .PDF? I cannot get the zip files opened. If so PM me, thanks
fishstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:30 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Nice work! I've done this several times and it's possible, but it's not a bolt-on kit like it would be on a 1996 and newer cart. Very clean install! I like it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:51 AM   #5
Akarim0201
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you, your post was very helpful. I tried to do the same but ran into an issue. I have Later 1995 CC DS with a bad pot. Ordered AM293101 instead of AM293201 because everything I read said it should work. I made an aluminum bracket to support the the pedal rod. I cut plug ends & wired it straight through (all wires match color perfectly). All I get is a click.. The switch in the mcor works. I reconnected the pot to the white, yellow & purple wires, cart goes (only full speed due to bad pot). I’m starting to think I needed AM293201, does this sound right?. At this point, all I’m missing is the wire harness & cannot afford to buy another kit. Does anyone know how to make the wire harness? Do you think this is my problem? Any help would greatly be appreciated.. I’m building this with my son & have already gone way over budget. First post ever on the internet, thanks for welcoming me.
Akarim0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:06 AM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarim0201 View Post
Thank you, your post was very helpful. I tried to do the same but ran into an issue. I have Later 1995 CC DS with a bad pot. Ordered AM293101 instead of AM293201 because everything I read said it should work. I made an aluminum bracket to support the the pedal rod. I cut plug ends & wired it straight through (all wires match color perfectly). All I get is a click.. The switch in the mcor works. I reconnected the pot to the white, yellow & purple wires, cart goes (only full speed due to bad pot). I’m starting to think I needed AM293201, does this sound right?. At this point, all I’m missing is the wire harness & cannot afford to buy another kit. Does anyone know how to make the wire harness? Do you think this is my problem? Any help would greatly be appreciated.. I’m building this with my son & have already gone way over budget. First post ever on the internet, thanks for welcoming me.
The wire harness in the 293201 kit will accomplish the same task as what you've done by manually making your own wiring. I can price this piece out for you, but I'm gonna have to wait until tomorrow when my new shipment of 293201 kits get here. I'll have to open up the instruction sheet to get the part number of the individual harness if you want to go that route. My question to you is regarding the pivot rod. There is more difference between these two kits than just the wire harness. Did you replace the accelerator pivot rod? The 293201 comes with a new one. The 293101 does not. The new pivot rod has a barb on it to hold the drive bar in place. Is it possible that your drive bar isn't rotating fully, or just barely at all, when you press the accelerator because you didn't change the pivot rod?
Old 08-08-2019, 09:51 AM   #7
Akarim0201
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply. The rod included in the kit seemed to fit properly. When pedal pressed, it rotates about a third of a circle, is that enough? I will definitely check that when I get home. I appreciate the help!
Old 08-08-2019, 06:42 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarim0201 View Post
Thanks for the reply. The rod included in the kit seemed to fit properly. When pedal pressed, it rotates about a third of a circle, is that enough? I will definitely check that when I get home. I appreciate the help!
There is an extra barb on the new style pivot rod, intended for holding the drive bar in place. On an old style car, the pivot rod doesn't have this barb and the drive bar can be very sloppy or fall off.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:49 PM   #9
Akarim0201
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

You”re right, checked the rod & it’s not perfect but it still moves enough to turn the mcor. I lifted the cart, connected everything & turned the mcor with a screwdriver (I know, not smart). I got desperate... anyway, still nothing but clicks. I’m going to try another mcor tomorrow, I think this one is bad. Then I’ll hv to solve the pedal rod problem lol. Thanks & I’ll keep you posted.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:55 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Did you check the throttle signal where it goes into the controller like we talked about on the phone? Meter set to 20k ohms, unplug yellow wire and green wire from controller. Check resistance on these wires. Should be approximately 5000 - 0 ohms from no throttle to full throttle.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car