lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2016, 10:45 AM   #1
CJones
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2008 Club car carryall

Hey Guys,

I may be showing my ignorance here, but i have brand new batteries. I took my cart out for the first time yesterday and from a full charge, maybe went a total of 7-8 miles before the state of charge meter read almost "E". It has 6, 8volt batteries. 2 under the front seat and 4 under the middle seat. My question is...does the longer run of cable from the front 2 batteries to connect the back 4, contribute to any loss of power? Granted we had 5 adults and 2 toddlers on it, it struggled to go up small hills....down hill was a breeze(gravity!) I replaced the speed sensor and put the high speed magnet in.

It has a 3.9 motor and a 500 amp controller. I thought it would have more power than it does. I had an RXV a couple years ago and that thing hummed UP and DOWN the hills. Although, that thing was plagued with problems...it seemed to have more power than my club car today. I've done all the updates myself and i am learning as i go. Here is an attached picture...and help/information is appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161211_145045.jpg (204.2 KB, 0 views)
CJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2016, 11:23 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 Club car carryall

5 adults 2 toddlers in a stretched cart with added bumpers etc is a lot of weight and then big tires is a 25% gear size increase which equals a 25% power reduction.... The thing is probably doing about all it can with that motor but, a bigger motor will draw more amperage so potentially a shorter run time.
Easiest big improvement you can make to this beast is smaller tires.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:56 AM   #3
jmjohnbus
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2008 Club car carryall

Does anybody have experience using the full spartan body kit on a CarryAll 6? We have cart with a van box right now but would like to remove it and add a middle and rear seat.
jmjohnbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car