lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #1
Copper head
Not Yet Wild

Question 48v (2006 DS) w/ intermittent Reverse Switch issues

From time to time (especially after it's been sitting a while), my cart doesn't want to go into reverse,...w/o first putting it in forward and pushing the accelerator pedal. After that,....reverse seems to work fine.

FWIW,....
I know it's NOT a motor issue,....as I just installed a new one and it does the same thing as my old one did.

Thoughts,... ?
Copper head is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2017, 02:42 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 48v (2006 DS) w/ intermittent Reverse Switch issues

On that first reverse, is there a click where the MCOR engages? If yes, pull the rocker switch and clean it as the contacts are not fully making and you cycling it to forward and reverse cleaned it off. If no, then the MCOR is not making and you depressing the pedal is cleaning off the MCOR enough to make it engage. That would be my first attempt to solving it.

If for some strange reason that is not it, then get out the old meter and probe the switch as soon as it happens and before cycling it.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:17 AM   #3
Copper head
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Re: 48v (2006 DS) w/ intermittent Reverse Switch issues

I want to re-visit this,........as I'm STILL having issues,....just a lot worse now.

I've been living with the intermittent issue for a while now,....and it's not been a big deal. BUT,.....fast forward to a few weeks ago,...and my Cart end up going DOA,......each time after flipping the toggle switch to reverse.

I thought,...it might just be the switch,....easy enough,..just replace it. No luck,....same problem. SO,....onto the MCOR. I decided to replace it,....with an aftermarket (China) unit,....since its a MCOR1,...and OEM is no longer available.

After installing it,......the cart seems much, much faster. As much as 4 mph faster. I thought my problems were over with,....but this past weekend,..... at the race-track,...I put it in reverse,.....and it did it again,....... Nothing,...no movement at all. Let it set for 10 minutes or so,....and it takes right off. No problems afterwards,...as long as you don't put it in reverse. Do that,....and it's trouble again.

Any ideas on where I should look ?

Please help,.....
Old 10-17-2019, 08:52 AM   #4
Copper head
Not Yet Wild

Bueller,........Bueller ?
Old 10-19-2019, 11:15 AM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I’d be looking at that FnR switch. Where did it come from?
The Chinese MCOR will probably cause you some grief, as most chinese golf cart parts do not last long. When it goes south for the dirt nap, get the update kit and you’ll be ready to rock after that. https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...conversion-kit

The quick thing to do here is to pull the switch out so the wires are accessible, and next time you have an issue, check the voltage going to the center pin of the switch, and then check the voltage on the other two wires at the switch.
You can also make a short jumper wire to jump the center wire to the reverse wire. If I remember right, the Reverse wire will be on the left (towards driver). The Forward wire will be on the right.

If using the jumper wire still gives the same result, then you’ll need to move to checking the pins inside the main harness connector on the controller.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car