lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2019, 09:56 AM   #21
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: New Drop-in Lithium Batteries

If the original link was meant to be this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/57volts-7kw...d%3A1#viTabs_0 Remember that the Chargery unit(s) do NOT have a BMS to balance the individual cells in the pack.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2019, 11:31 AM   #22
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
I don't get a result from that link, other than a generalised eBay page

Edit: OK, I plugged the number into the eBay search and got the $600 Chevy Volt battery. The problem is that you'd really need two to get 100Ah but they only have one left.
This is the one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lithium-Ion...97.m4902.l9144
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:15 AM   #23
DCSSBoyd
Not Yet Wild

Hold off on lithium for now. The weight distribution is thrown off making carts unsafe, especially when lifted.

Club Car is working on an OEM & aftermarket option with several battery manufacturers. The lithium battery packs will come with chargers built in and supposedly have a 10-12 year life expectancy. That will almost justify the cost.

Sent from my SM-T387AA using Tapatalk
DCSSBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:19 AM   #24
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSSBoyd View Post
Hold off on lithium for now. The weight distribution is thrown off making carts unsafe, especially when lifted.

Club Car is working on an OEM & aftermarket option with several battery manufacturers. The lithium battery packs will come with chargers built in and supposedly have a 10-12 year life expectancy. That will almost justify the cost.

Sent from my SM-T387AA using Tapatalk
Have you not seen all of the forum sections for DIY lithium?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:33 PM   #25
DCSSBoyd
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Have you not seen all of the forum sections for DIY lithium?
DIY lithium...now that sounds like fun right there. What could possibly go wrong?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
DCSSBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:08 PM   #26
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
DIY lithium...now that sounds like fun right there. What could possibly go wrong?
If you read the install post and educate yourself, along with purchasing the proper monitoring equipment, nothing goes wrong.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:49 PM   #27
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Many people on this forum have very successfully converted to Lithium and are happily running carts that go further, faster and with less maintenance. The conversions have been done to the highest standards (which would easily compare to the most professional installations) and the people have educated themselves to become some of the countries most knowledgable lithium installers.

We all know that there are dangers (working with a battery pack which punches with the sort of weight that a golf cart pack does is always dangerous whether it is lithium or flooded cell technology). One of our members had a disastrous fire which destroyed his cart and luckily did not burn down his parents home - but it was not the result of a poor installation and could easily have happened after a professional installation (it was caused by someone other than the owner running the cells too low and causing damage, probably due to a faulty temperature cut-off).

Just because Sergio used the term "DIY lithium" doesn't mean that these conversions are cobbled together by amateurs that have no clue as to what they are doing. If you bothered to educate yourself and read the many posts put up by people in the forum who have done these conversions you may be less quick to criticise.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:02 PM   #28
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
I see you have been doing a lot of forum reading and posting to some older posts today. Take a little time and read in some of the areas like Sergio mentioned and enjoy the knowledge that many people here have helped some of the very manufactures you mentioned and have pioneered some cutting edge technology (BMS management, 3D Printing, Safety Parameters, Information sharing, etc.)

There is a reason some of the biggest names in the business (Alltrax, Plum Quick, Revolution Golf Cars, Carts Unlimited, Golf Cart King, etc.) all maintain a presence on this site. We use, modify, build on, experiment with the things others make and once and a while, we even make our own innovations that show up in the market place or with other vendors/suppliers.

(And come by, I will give you a good rundown on some lithium packs here and how well the carts perform with them and how safe they are)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:16 PM   #29
AussieInSeattle
Getting Wild

I dont have enough time to go the Chevy Volt/DIY route so am looking for a drop-in solution. Seems like there are a few options out there ranging from "big metal boxes with all the stuff inside" through to the Relion Insight series and Trojans products. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I have a 48v Precedent and had a question on two different setups from Relion:
https://www.pgashow.com/__novadocume...32643688930000
I only need ~60Ah (plenty for 18 holes and .5 of a mile to and from home). So I think I could go with 2x of their 48v batteries in Parallel or 2x of their 24V in Series. While the voltages and Ah'ers will be the same, the other numbers are different - what are the advantages/disadvantges between those two routes assuming the pricing is the same? Specifically talking about the following differences (between 2x24v vs 2x48v) in above linked file on second to last page:
- Continuous Discharge Current
- Discharge Current
- Maximum Discharge Current

Thanks!
Matt
AussieInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:14 AM   #30
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Those max discharge currents are alarming with some of the high speed/ high torque motors and big controllers most of us have around here.

Maybe an all stock component cart with stock height tires would be fine. Just done traverse any significantly long inclines.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car