lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2019, 08:29 AM   #1
btowndan
Not Yet Wild

Default Relay coil fault-relay DNC

I have a 2016 C.C D.S villager 6 that will only go 9 miles an hour. When I plug in my handheld i get the these 2 faults and of coarse anti tamper fault. These faults will not clear when you try to delete. I have tested the speed sensor circuit as the manual suggest and all is perfect with the test. However when doing the simple pushing it backwards the walkaway motor braking is not in-gauging. I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on possible causes. I even went as far as sending the controller to FSIP and they show the controller to be fine.
If i turn off the key, put in tow then turn the key on, put in run the cart will do 7.4 ish mph then the cart will beep and jump to the 9mph?? I am a small sales and service dealer and have been messing with this cart on and off for months. I'm at it's mercy and could use some help.
On another note This forum is a great resource I lean on all the time. So thanks for being here.
btowndan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2019, 08:50 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Relay coil fault-relay DNC

You might Check to see if the solenoid is actually opening when the cart is OFF. If the solenoid contacts are welded closed you will get limited speed. You also want to make sure the pre-charge resistor, and diode on the coil are installed properly and are not burned out. Then check to make sure the wiring from the solenoid to the controller is not damaged, and is not shorted to other wiring.

It could also be an issue with the speed sensor or magnet. The roll away brake feature should work in BOTH directions as far as I know. A faulty sensor or damaged magnet can manage to operate well enough for a roll test, but not send a consistent signal when the motor is running at speed.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:01 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

FT4M is correct. That indicates a welded solenoid and will put you in limp (1/2 speed). The speed sensor sounds "iffy", but it will beep in both Fwd and Rev. I would replace the solenoid and see what happens. I will post a meter check for you below to test the speed sensor. If there is still a problem after the solenoid and if the speed sensor checks out, we can go deeper.

With a DVM, place the black (–) probe on the battery main pack Negative post and place the red (+) probe on the green wire between the 3-pin connector and the motor speed sensor. Raise one rear wheel off ground. Slowly turn the rear wheel to rotate the motor armature. As the armature rotates, the voltage reading should alternate from 0vdc to approximately 4.85vdc. The voltage reading will fluctuate from zero to 4.85vdc and back to zero four times for each revolution of the motor armature. (The voltage reading of 4.85vdc is an approximate reading; the actual reading may vary from 4.50vdc to 5.00vdc). Replace the speed sensor if there is no voltage reading, voltage reading is not above 3.50vdc, or the voltage reading does not fluctuate as the motor is turned.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:10 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The "anti tamper" fault is related to a disconnected Visage system and it should be turned OFF.

Here is a quote from the expert:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It's all part of that Excel / Visage golf cart GPS crap. Make sure CONTROL MODE is turned to ZERO and ANTI-TAMPER is turned to ZERO.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 12:27 PM   #5
btowndan
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for taking the time to help out. I have already checker the wiring and pins for the speed sensor. All voltage in the check sequence was spot on. I have put on 3 different speed sensors and magnets along the way. Couple of new solenoids as well along the way. Anti tamper -0- as well as control mode -0-???

I recall along the way reading that the cart will go to half speed if the solenoid welds or doesn't open and close properly. But then it said once fixed to reset the controller I think?? Maybe wrong on part of that. It never said how to reset it?? I've tried thought the handheld and with tow switch?
Old 04-26-2019, 12:37 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make sure You have pack voltage on the gray/white wire at Controller pin #9, that is what powers the anti-roll dynamic brake.

By the way, you said there is no resistance against pushing the cart, but does the Reverse buzzer beeps?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:26 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It's an IQ plus car. It has a 48 volt walkaway relay mounted next to the solenoid. Replace it. Part number 103414901. It's the same relay that goes in a charger. Cheap and easy to fix. This fixes the problem 90% of the time. You may also want to check the circuit breaker next to the tow run switch. If it's tripped and won't reset you'll need to replace it too. Typically with a breaker issue it'll show a CIRCUIT BREAKER OPEN fault, but not always. Try the relay first and I think you'll find that your problem will go away.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 09:48 AM   #8
btowndan
Not Yet Wild

OK,
It's been busy around here so I decided to come in this morning and look back at all the testing Iv'e done and where I'm at. I have tried at one time or another most all of the above mentioned advise. I believe it comes down to the walk away relay. I have replaced it with new ones and still the fault is there. When I looked back I seen that this condition is continuous until the condition is cleared. A new relay didn't clear it. All voltage at the speed sensor is correct. When I push the cart it doesn't break and no beep.I will get a relay DNC fault when I do that. But I can clear this fault once the accelerator pedal is pushed as it states it should. The fault description for this fault states "limp home' Causes the vehicle to run at half speed.
I guess I will need to test continuity to all 4 wires that connect to this relay??

BTW Sergio I do have pack voltage at pin #9 as well.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:24 PM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Well that is a Gremlin all the way.... (Almost as bad as an AMC!!)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:38 PM   #10
btowndan
Not Yet Wild

Ok I'm back at it with the Gremlin cart. I found a little time to to jack with it again. I'm still getting a system fault of "Relay Coil Fault" pointing me back to the walkaway relay. So we know that it's not getting the message to close. Yes it's been replaced. Here is the strange thing that Ya'll might be able to help with. The speed sensor walkaway breaking only engages when the solenoid is active. Once the solenoid drops out you can push the cart with no breaking. Hit the pedal then test it and it will brake and beep??? Any ideas??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car