lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2019, 08:54 PM   #1
sxepride
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default On board charger cover for ERIC charger and hook up help

I was at a camp resort and seen the club cars you can rent have the ERIC charger for (club car precedent) mounting under the rear seat with a plastic cover over the charger (looks factory) Does anyone have a part number for this and also the parts I need to wire up the charger directly to the cart (not plug in on the front for cart like I do now). This would be great to have the charger always mounted in the cart and I can Plug in anywhere I go and is also protected by this plastic cover. Thanks
sxepride is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2019, 06:35 AM   #2
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: On board charger cover for ERIC charger and hook up help

I saw these at Disney World. It is a nice set up. I wonder if they are custom?
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:03 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Club Car uses two different versions of the ERIC for off-board vs on-board use.
The off-board model is kind of a scaled down version of the Delta-Q IC650, it’s missing the display screen on the front and it does not have the serial data port on the rear of the charger to allow for certain programming. It also can not be programmed for on-board use. The DC power must be cycled before it will start a new charge.

The On-board version has the display screen and the ability to be programmed for on-board use. The programming allows for the DC power to stay connected, and the charger will start a new cycle whenever the AC cord in plugged into the wall outlet.

You can use an off-board version as an on-board unit, but you need to manually switch the DC power side AFTER the charger is plugged into the AC wall outlet and after it has run through its startup procedure. It’s doable, but less convenient.

I don’t know about the covers over the charger. You could try asking David at Revolution golf cars about those.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:27 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You have an off-board model all you need is a under $10 120vAC relay with the coil wired in parallel with the AC power of the charger.

You would then run the charger output through the NO contacts before connecting to pack positive.

RevolutionGolfCars.com probably can get those Club Car covers for on-board mounting.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:03 AM   #5
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the info guys!
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:39 PM   #6
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

I priced that cover out a year ago. It was around $80 if I remember. Not what I was willing to pay for molded plastic.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:41 AM   #7
sxepride
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

How do I tell if I have an onboard or off board I have a little screen per say that shows a battery in and bars green and blue and also some sort of USB port

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Club Car uses two different versions of the ERIC for off-board vs on-board use.
The off-board model is kind of a scaled down version of the Delta-Q IC650, it’s missing the display screen on the front and it does not have the serial data port on the rear of the charger to allow for certain programming. It also can not be programmed for on-board use. The DC power must be cycled before it will start a new charge.

The On-board version has the display screen and the ability to be programmed for on-board use. The programming allows for the DC power to stay connected, and the charger will start a new cycle whenever the AC cord in plugged into the wall outlet.

You can use an off-board version as an on-board unit, but you need to manually switch the DC power side AFTER the charger is plugged into the AC wall outlet and after it has run through its startup procedure. It’s doable, but less convenient.

I don’t know about the covers over the charger. You could try asking David at Revolution golf cars about those.
sxepride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:22 PM   #8
bigge1974
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If You have an off-board model all you need is a under $10 120vAC relay with the coil wired in parallel with the AC power of the charger.

You would then run the charger output through the NO contacts before connecting to pack positive.

RevolutionGolfCars.com probably can get those Club Car covers for on-board mounting.
Sergio can you expand on this please.
bigge1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:49 PM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Maybe this quick sketch will help, You wire the relay coil in parallel with the charger 120vAC input wires wherever is convenient.

The charger positive output goes through the relay contacts so it is only connected to pack positive when the charger is plugged to AC.

If You get a SPDT relay, you can also use the N.C. relay contacts to power the Controller interlock that the ERIC or OBC used to control.

That connection will depend exactly which cart you are installing.

Here is a example of a 120Vac SPDT 30 amp relay:
https://www.amazon.com/Zettler-Minia...SC8/ref=sr_1_4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charger_offboard_mounted_onboard_relay.jpg (127.2 KB, 0 views)
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:09 AM   #10
bigge1974
Not Yet Wild

Sergio that makes sense and helps a bunch. On a cart with the Eric charger a no obc the lockout lead off the relay would connect into the factory lockout wire in the cart?
Your time & help is Much Appreciated!
bigge1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car