lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2019, 11:33 PM   #21
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: I think I fried something!!

They are just showing post threads as a document. The envelope is white and then turns red at I believe ~10 posts, to signify it is on fire....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2019, 04:47 PM   #22
PMD3454
Not Yet Wild

Tried the paper clip jumper. No change.

Depressed throttle pedal and took readings at solenoid. 50.2V in, 13.3 out.

Everything still dead.
PMD3454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:25 PM   #23
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

But what are you getting on the 2 small posts? That is what matters in this troubleshooting phase.

Key On, in Fwd, Go Pedal Depressed (cart jacked up on one side)
Old 06-30-2019, 01:57 PM   #24
PMD3454
Not Yet Wild

Key on, in Fwd, pedal depressed, jacked up. No voltage at coil connections on solenoid.

Are those feeds to the solenoid coil fed from the relay mounted below the solenoid? Wondering (actually hoping) that maybe I fried the relay and not the controller.
Old 06-30-2019, 02:16 PM   #25
rib33024

Click on the link and go to the bottom of the page

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/rules/

If you go to the bottom of the page it will tell you what all the envelopes mean. The title turns red when you have your mouse pointer on it. Or click on it.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 04:52 PM   #26
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Click on the link and go to the bottom of the page

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/rules/

If you go to the bottom of the page it will tell you what all the envelopes mean. The title turns red when you have your mouse pointer on it. Or click on it.
Good find friend. Some here get hung up on semantics at times me thinks...
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:04 PM   #27
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD3454 View Post
Key on, in Fwd, pedal depressed, jacked up. No voltage at coil connections on solenoid.

Are those feeds to the solenoid coil fed from the relay mounted below the solenoid? Wondering (actually hoping) that maybe I fried the relay and not the controller.
With the Key On and Run/Tow switch in Run, you should have the 48v + (Pos) on the Blue wire at the solenoid. If not, you need to trace back and see where you are losing it.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:32 AM   #28
PMD3454
Not Yet Wild

Sure wish there was a proper wiring diagram available to work through this. According to the wiring schematic the blue lead to the solenoid coil is common with the load side of the key switch, so I will start with removing the lead from the switch and solenoid and test for continuity. Is the next step to then open up the wiring tubing and physically trace out the blue wire back to the switch? What should I be finding in terms of fuses? I've found two. One is a 30A hanging under the run/tow switch. Looks like they added that in place of the breaker. The other is a 20A in the harness associated with the charger. Both fuses test ok. When I shorted the lead under the dash and everything went dead my first thought was a fuse, but I can't find any others
Old 07-03-2019, 12:07 PM   #29
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Here are the 2 drawings out the manual. I scanned them in so they are not in HD.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2007 Carryall Pt1.PNG (38.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png 2007 Carryall Pt2.PNG (22.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-08-2019, 07:42 PM   #30
PMD3454
Not Yet Wild

Thank you! This is the schematic that I have. Was hoping to locate an actual ladder diagram type electrical drawing that you can follow the sequence of operation from. I tried tracing the wiring without unbundling the cable tube but couldn't seem to find an issue that way. On Friday I finally broke down and took it to the Club Car dealer that's about an hour from me. The Club Car diagnostic tool would not register anything at the dash or at the controller so there were no error codes to start from. He jumpered the OBS, as I had done, and it didn't change anything. He indicated that may rule out the OBC, but still too early in the troubleshooting to know for sure. Had to leave the cart for more manual troubleshooting. Will report back when I learn what the issue is. Thanks again for all of the help trying to walk me through finding the problem.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car