lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2019, 07:48 PM   #1
Hangar Pilot
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Crazy Battery Issue

I replaced the batteries in my Club Car in December last year. I also order an upgraded cable kit and a battery meter from Scotty at carts unlimited. Everything has been great until yesterday. I was going to the lake to meet my son and I stop my the shop were the golf cart is kept. As I passed by I almost dropped over. The battery meter said 10.9. Yes you read it correct 10.9. The charger was hooked up just like always.

So I unplugged the charger and plugged it back in and the voltage started to come back up. I checked it that night and it showed 50.1. Just like it always does. This afternoon I had to move it. The meter showed 50.9. I unplugged it and moved it out side for a few hours.

We I went to put it back in the shop the meter showed 40.2.

Any idea what the problem could be or where or how do I trouble shoot it?
Hangar Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2019, 09:12 PM   #2
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Crazy Battery Issue

Inspect all batteries. Take voltage readings on each both at rest and during load. Report the results. If you have a problem, this will isolate which battery it is coming from.

That said, if your gauge was indeed accurate 10 volts isn’t enough to kick on most chargers for what it’s worth.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:14 PM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a feeling there might be a problem with your battery meter. I have had so many of those things go bad.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 02:00 AM   #4
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
I have a feeling there might be a problem with your battery meter. I have had so many of those things go bad.
I agree with LukeL that the battery meter is suspect. Compare the battery meter voltage reading with your multimeter voltage reading. I got about a year out of my Chinese manufactured dash mounted meter before I switched it to one made by Blue Sea.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:03 AM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I would first get a voltmeter on the batteries and see what the actual pack voltage is.

That should tell you if the dash meter has a poor connection or if the pack is draining.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 10:43 PM   #6
Hangar Pilot
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quick update. Was in the shop Saturday morning and the battery meter showed 20.3. A quick check with the volt ohm meter and the batteries showed 50.8. I’m looking for a new meter. Thanks for your suggestions!
Hangar Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car