lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2019, 12:14 PM   #1
jacobsond
Getting Wild

Default to much light

New to me 2009 Precedent 48V electric. It has the factory or aftermarket light that mounts kind of right above the bumper. Is there any way to tone it down some? We can drive on the city streets (very small town) and the light is not focused on the road so its just a big bright light. It kind of blinds cars. Like driving with the brights on.
jacobsond is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2019, 12:59 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: to much light

Is the headlight Halogen or LED?

You can use a PWM dimmer available on amazon or ebay.

If it is LED you have more discrete choices like a button or a knob.

If it is halogen the device will be the size of a small box due to the amount of current/power used.

Most of those devices require you to tap both the positive and negative wires to the headlight so You will need to run new wires from the dash to the headlight.

Edit:
If the lights are Halogen You can test the light output when they are wired in series with each other, if that provides enough light a simple DPDT toggle switch can change them from Series (low light) to Parallel (high/normal light).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:11 PM   #3
eliw3
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsond View Post
New to me 2009 Precedent 48V electric. It has the factory or aftermarket light that mounts kind of right above the bumper. Is there any way to tone it down some? We can drive on the city streets (very small town) and the light is not focused on the road so its just a big bright light. It kind of blinds cars. Like driving with the brights on.
I have that same problem with my 2014 precedent. It's the LED lights. They need to be aimed further down. When I ride at night I can't hardly see where I'm going. The light is plenty bright, just aimed the wrong direction. Hopefully someone will know how to fix this.
eliw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:45 PM   #4
Qman97
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliw3 View Post
I have that same problem with my 2014 precedent. It's the LED lights. They need to be aimed further down. When I ride at night I can't hardly see where I'm going. The light is plenty bright, just aimed the wrong direction. Hopefully someone will know how to fix this.
I added some longer screws and washers to the two upper screws to aim the light down and that helped. Don’t add to many or you may crack the light housing holes
Qman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:49 AM   #5
jacobsond
Getting Wild

I added some washers on the top to point it down some. I also put some black tape above the top row of leds. It helped some. It is still pretty bright and not focused on the road. Is there anything similar but with more focused lights?
jacobsond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:29 PM   #6
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

You’re better off modifying the way it mounts by bending the mount brackets and drilling a hole through the frame and using two bolts to mount. The bracket will look like a block letter C leaning backwards, this offsetting both mount holes.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:06 AM   #7
Seang1989
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cool Re: to much light

I have the same problem. I just installed a light kit on my 2009 Club Car Precedent. The lights in the front are LED and very bright. I use it in a campground. The kit also has working turn, brake and flashers. The lights are turned on by twisting the end of the turn indicator, so I don't want to go messing around with pulling wires out of the harness and disabling that function. The front light slid into the frame where the old front bumper came out, it was a tight fit, I don't see how I could "aim it down". Any other ideas? I'd just like to tone it down, it lights up the road well, but it's very bright and I dont want to be blinding people in their camp sites.
Seang1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:51 AM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The LED light assembly may have a different mount but we are not talking about modifying it where it mounts to the frame.

if You look to the side of each marker light where the light mounts to the bumper assembly, there is an extended post on each side for the top screws.

Just remove the screws and put some washers between the post and the bumper assembly, that will point the lights a little more downwards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Precedent_Headlight.jpg (592.2 KB, 0 views)
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:07 AM   #9
ClubCar86
Gone Wild

Club Car

I can understand what Seang1989 is talking about. When I installed my RHOX kit a few months back, it was super tight. I had to bend the brackets a little just to get it to fit over the square tubes of the frame. Has anyone installed this Precedent version? I imagine it probably all attaches the same way: https://www.amazon.com/RHOX-Preceden.../dp/B07KFQX36Q
ClubCar86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:09 PM   #10
Seang1989
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCar86 View Post
I can understand what Seang1989 is talking about. When I installed my RHOX kit a few months back, it was super tight. I had to bend the brackets a little just to get it to fit over the square tubes of the frame. Has anyone installed this Precedent version? I imagine it probably all attaches the same way: https://www.amazon.com/RHOX-Preceden.../dp/B07KFQX36Q
My lights are basic, but I like the color LEDs. If I'd seen that I probably would have spent the extra $100.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Seang1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car