lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2019, 09:32 AM   #21
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Admiral A4 install.

Did you email or talk to scottyB before purchasing the motor to make sure this would fit your needs? I don't think he would have those speeds for this motor posted on his site unless he knew it was capable of that.

As said before, that is a torque motor, which means you give up some speed to make more power. If you're on stock 18" tires and plan to leave it that way, a speed motor is probably a better fit than a torque motor, unless you need to pull a house around with you.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2019, 09:41 AM   #22
Tireguy7606
Getting Wild

Yeah. Scotty has been great to work with.
I would like a little more speed though. I don't want taller tires to get it because I do actually use it for golf too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Tireguy7606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:46 AM   #23
Tireguy7606
Getting Wild

I kind of wear him out with a ton of newbie questions and he always answers all of them.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:12 PM   #24
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
100 percent on the monitor seems to come at about 75 percent of pedal depression though
What you need to do is enable the page to view throttle linearization in the Alltrax Toolkit.
What you will probably see is the throttle topping out @ 80%. Also when your topping a hill and let off the throttle can you feel the power surge a little?

If this is your case you need to change you throttle type to "Absolute Throttle" in the software. Follow the instruction and it's a piece of cake. Just two things to watch out for. One, keep your cart in neutral doing the adjustment and two there may be a misprint in the instructions. When you select the Throttle Slope select normal 0-5K.
I did this and I haven't had a MCOR problem since.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 12:27 PM   #25
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Why??? That doesn't make any sense.
Torque motors make torque, speed motors make speed. Having a torque motor is going to pull many amps (for a split second) at a lower rpm due to their design and that amp draw will decrease as his speed increases.
Don't want to hijack this thread. The short answer is my A4 motor continuous amp draw exceeds the rated continuous amps of the lithium drop-in. I pull long hills at full throttle.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:23 PM   #26
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
I've been doing some monitor runs with my A4 motor. I have my rev/min set at 4000. I'm getting 21-22mph on flat roads with 24 inch tall tires -snip-
And that is correct as you have raised your final ratio with the 24" tires. His 18" and a 12.3:1 ratio tops him out based on RPM capabilities of his torque motor. I am sure you know that so I am more writing this for others that may read the thread and wonder why yours is at the speed it is....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:58 AM   #27
Tireguy7606
Getting Wild

Would adjusting the Regen Armature amps and battery amps have any effect on power or torque? Top speed?

Old 08-15-2019, 08:16 AM   #28
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireguy7606 View Post
Would adjusting the Regen Armature amps and battery amps have any effect on power or torque? Top speed?

Not at all, those settings don't apply while motoring.

The one thing You said in a previous post that needs to be rechecked was the comment about changing the number of poles setting having no effect on the speed.

Perhaps that is related to a comment I recall seeing from ScottyB in the past that said custom motor maps also set the number of poles, I just don't know if that means the Controller no longer reads that setting from the screen in that case.

Did You log any full speed runs so we can see the throttle percentage, amps and voltages in different parts of the system?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:19 AM   #29
Tireguy7606
Getting Wild

I did. I sent them to scotty. We're working on it. I think I'm just getting all I'm going to get. I was just looking for a nugget. Maybe something I missed.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:02 AM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Loading the A4T or A4S map will set the pole selection to 4.
4 pole is the correct count for all Admiral motors (all versions)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car