lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2019, 03:08 PM   #11
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Got a Precedent ! (with a funky charger)

The Ear plug is one of the best upgrades i have heard of. Thank you for the laugh. I have seen a battery pack last 10 years or less than 2 years,
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2019, 04:57 PM   #12
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

after a good rest , (me and the batteries) I checked them when I got home and all were 8.5 8.6.... so I plugged the charger back up to see how it would act and it did its thing and started a full charge (bottom blinking) which went on for 10 minutes or so then went to stage 2 (top blinking ) where it has been for about 2 hours …...should have shut off I would think ? batteries boiling pretty good , should I call it ?
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:34 PM   #13
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Charger not turning off is my main problem at the moment....
Your pack is unbalanced. If you read the SG with a hydrometer you will find a battery or two low. Smart chargers don't like that. One other thing you can try is a equalization charge.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:45 PM   #14
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
....i think he told me a 96 bucks to buy a code and hook it up to the scanner...
It sounds like he has quoted you for a speed code rather than just turning down the regen.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:37 PM   #15
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
It sounds like he has quoted you for a speed code rather than just turning down the regen.
he said he do both while I sat there …..but by the time I buy gas and food for me and the wifey , 500 dollar day at least...
Old 08-23-2019, 09:45 PM   #16
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Your pack is unbalanced. If you read the SG with a hydrometer you will find a battery or two low. Smart chargers don't like that. One other thing you can try is a equalization charge.
They all measure out pretty close , until I put a load tester on them , the 4 drop down to around 7.1 , the 2 newer ones only drop to 7.7.... and I noticed the 2 "good" ones (I use that term loosely as "Rural King " is not known for its quality) are 150 AH where I imagine the others are 165 or more....

I got the battery light after me and the wifey drove around for about 35 minutes or so.
Duracell at sams club I guess ….and , gona ask for a little money back on the cart as she was misled a bit me thinks...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car