lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2019, 02:38 PM   #1
6of1
Not Yet Wild

Default 83 Club Car Questions

I just got this old cart and its in need of gremlin extermination. I know its got 1-3 solenoids that are sticking randomly. The cart has the aluminum box speed control, 5 micros with a ramp. Box looks like its been molested in the past so Im going to replace them all.

What are the part numbers for the micros?
6of1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2019, 09:04 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 83 Club Car Questions

If I remember correctly those are three terminal microswitches, but you might want to check to be sure. I usually replace all 5 solenoids if working with a system like that.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F381871784394
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:19 PM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Welcome to the forum by the way!
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:01 AM   #4
6of1
Not Yet Wild

Inside of my speed box there are a mixture of 2 & 3 terminal switches. Looks like someone was just replacing bad ones with whatever they had on hand.

-Is there a way to reliably test the solenoids when the sticking problem is intermittent?

I have an old parts cart that was parked bc batteries went. It was in working order 7 years ago when I left it under a tree, lol.
-Would the solenoids being exposed to the sun and rain for 7 years still be good? if I can even get the nuts off without destroying them.

The symptoms the cart presents are..
1. Jumpy/Jerky accel.
2. Intermittently goes without pedal being pressed, sometimes turning the key off will stop it, sometimes it doesn't.
-Would the symptoms suggest the Main solenoid (closest to driver side) and at least one of the other 4 are bad?

edited: misunderstood/bad info, didn't want to confuse future readers
6of1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:12 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

5 solenoid cart? All 5 are activated by the 5 switches in the pedal box. These need only be 2 tab switches. 3 tab switches can be used if the installer knows which tabs to use.
The main or master solenoid closes first. It is the solenoid closest the drivers side.
If I remember right
After the main each solenoid will close in sequential order with the pedal stroke until all the solenoids are closed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car