lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2019, 10:55 AM   #11
mikeyford3
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1981 Club car 36 volt

Motor actually works one of the posts is broke off I took it off the motor and actually put it on a bench it does spin!
mikeyford3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2019, 03:56 PM   #12
mikeyford3
Not Yet Wild

well I guess I am just gonna start a 48 volt conversion and a alltrax any recommendations? Do's? Dont's?

Is this cart even worth messing with or will I be into it just as much as if I bought something that ran?
Old 09-23-2019, 05:50 PM   #13
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

conversion kit + new 8volt batteries + new 8volt charger is gona be close to 17 or 18 hundred bucks ...2 grand with cables....I just bought a 2014 precedent for 3 grand....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:12 PM   #14
mikeyford3
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
conversion kit + new 8volt batteries + new 8volt charger is gona be close to 17 or 18 hundred bucks ...2 grand with cables....I just bought a 2014 precedent for 3 grand....
I mean honestly at the 3 grand I might as well just buy a newer one lol just put new resitors and selinoids in it and call it a day and save up for a new one lol.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:32 PM   #15
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyford3 View Post
I mean honestly at the 3 grand I might as well just buy a newer one lol just put new resitors and selinoids in it and call it a day and save up for a new one lol.
your call , if you LIKE working on projects it can be fun...but that cart is almost 30 years old ….but it would be YOUR baby when done....
and , depending on where you live , cart prices might be higher or lower than my deal...
Old 09-23-2019, 06:44 PM   #16
mikeyford3
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
your call , if you LIKE working on projects it can be fun...but that cart is almost 30 years old ….but it would be YOUR baby when done....
and , depending on where you live , cart prices might be higher or lower than my deal...
I love projects! Im located in south Jersey the carts around here are going roughly 3-4 grand. Im not looking for anything fancy just something to lug me, my bow, and possibly a deer in and out the woods.( pretty mellow terrain).

I guess it all boils down to talking to the boss lady... seeing how much I can get away with spending before she starts getting angry. I once told her my 69 Bronco was going to cost 5 grand to restore lmao. it ended up being a lottttt moreeee
Old 09-23-2019, 07:42 PM   #17
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

been there , hell , I LIVE there...…...but instead of asking for permission , I just beg for forgiveness afterwards....

before you drop coin , I would get a REALLY good look at the frame , they don't rust , but the can crack all over the place....and the rear leaf spring area can get a little rough....
Old 09-23-2019, 08:10 PM   #18
mikeyford3
Not Yet Wild

Copy that I did look at the frame it isn’t cracked anywhere the only thing is it did corrode in the middle suppler for battery. I’ll take a good look tomorrow I did get the rear part oft eh body removed tonight.
I’m honestly just thinking about getting it running how it is. I’m sure it won’t be a speed machine but it will get me from point a to b faster then walking
Old 09-24-2019, 10:14 AM   #19
swm63
Gone Wild

There are a few guys on here that have just added 8 volt batteries (48volts) and a new charger and ran with it. I'm sure they'll chime in soon.
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:44 AM   #20
mikeyford3
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by swm63 View Post
There are a few guys on here that have just added 8 volt batteries (48volts) and a new charger and ran with it. I'm sure they'll chime in soon.
That’s what I’m waiting for I have a good set of Trojans 8 volt about a year and a half old. My buddy upgraded to lithium and have them to me
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car