lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2019, 11:00 AM   #1
i.weber
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax XTC Controller Help

So, I've been attempting my Alltrax upgrade over the last few days. Gotten a ton of help from the experts here (so appreciated). Put everything back together last night and my results weren't quite what I was expecting. [emoji23]

1) In forward the cart jerks backwards a few feet and then the pedal goes dead all together.*

2) In reverse, the buzzer no longer sounds. The cart jerks forward a few feet and then the pedal goes dead as well.

3) When I went to charge the cart, the cart no longer gives me multiple beeps when the charger is engaged.*

I obviously screwed something pretty major up and being the noob I am, I am begging for a little help here guys! I checked and rechecked the instructions so many times. I asked for help from the forum and Scotty all along the way. This install should have been prefect.

The only thing I did other than what you suggested is I added some dielectric grease to most of the connection points on the controller, the motor, and the batteries. I read on here that this would help with the additional exposure to water given the controller doesn't fully fit in the plastic box. Not I'm wondering if that was a mistake.

Help me please! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
i.weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2019, 11:13 AM   #2
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Alltrax XTC Controller Help

Do you have the Tool Box program, it should would help verifying that all INPUT are made, or you can do it the old fashion way. Did you also upgrade your solenoid or motor?
I am not sure if the ERIC charger will communicate with an ALLTRAX, missing beep,beep.
Spend some time with your battery pack, ensure that the pack is clean, charged and cables are tight.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:35 AM   #3
i.weber
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Do you have the Tool Box program, it should would help verifying that all INPUT are made, or you can do it the old fashion way. Did you also upgrade your solenoid or motor?
I am not sure if the ERIC charger will communicate with an ALLTRAX, missing beep,beep.
Spend some time with your battery pack, ensure that the pack is clean, charged and cables are tight.
I had Scotty preprogram this thing prior to shipping out. Wanted to let the expert take care of it vs me messing with it. So, I never got the program. I guess I could download it.

I did upgrade my solenoid, as per Scottys advice.

Battery pack has all new 2g cables and is setup exactly like it was prior to the controller replacement.

I really think this is either the use (possible overuse) of dielectric grease or I've got it wired wrong.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:38 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Please take a pic of the solenoid so we can see the orientation of the diodes and wires. It should be like this... http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1557532

And if we do not see anything there, lets double check the throttle setting.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 01:05 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Swap the F1 and F2 wires at the controller to correct the operation direction.
I don't suppose you could tell us if the controller is flashing a red fault code when you try to go?
Or better, connect a laptop and see if the throttle progress bar in the monitor screen is showing 0-100% when the pedal is depressed ( key on / in neutral)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 01:52 PM   #6
i.weber
Not Yet Wild

Anyone think the dielectric grease is causing an issue?

Old 09-21-2019, 03:13 PM   #7
i.weber
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

I don't suppose you could tell us if the controller is flashing a red fault code when you try to go?

Or better, connect a laptop and see if the throttle progress bar in the monitor screen is showing 0-100% when the pedal is depressed ( key on / in neutral)
I swapped the F1 & F2 wires and the cart now goes in the correct direction. However, still just jerks along at a crawl. Any other thoughts?

Old 09-21-2019, 03:34 PM   #8
i.weber
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Please take a pic of the solenoid so we can see the orientation of the diodes and wires. It should be like this... http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1557532

And if we do not see anything there, lets double check the throttle setting.
Here are a few pics of the solenoid, diode, and batt pack.

Old 09-21-2019, 04:21 PM   #9
i.weber
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

Scotty, the controller goes from green to nothing to two red flashes when you hit the gas in either forward or reverse. I can probably hook a laptop to it if necessary.

Old 09-21-2019, 05:48 PM   #10
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

From the Alltrax web site: The XCT-SRX controllers ERROR codes are different than the AXE and DCX products. Please note the Error code display: # of GREEN and RED blinks indicates any error conditions that might exist:

Critical:

1-GRN (+) 1-RED LED flash = Over Current/Short Circuit
1-GRN (+) 2-RED LED flash = Battery Under Voltage
1-GRN (+) 3-RED LED flash = Battery Over Voltage
1-GRN (+) 4-RED LED flash = Over Temp (Check connections)
1-GRN (+) 5-RED LED flash = Motor Field OPEN alarm (Check connections)
1-GRN (+) 6-RED LED flash = Pre-Charge Failure

The 2 red flashes suggest one or several batteries are failing under load (trying to go) or they aren't charged sufficiently to power the cart.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car