lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2019, 07:56 AM   #1
jladogana
Not Yet Wild

Default ERIC Charger "BattNotQualified" Error

I exported the data into my computer and ran the Simple IDAT software. It is getting an error "BattNotQualified" along with the triangle flashing yellow. Unfortunately, I did not catch a flash code. I am going to do a hydrometer test on the batteries now, I will post my findings.

Hydrometer test shows most batteries fair, between 1.200-1.215 specific gravity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BattNotQualified Error.jpg (65.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by jladogana; 09-25-2019 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: Add Information
jladogana is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2019, 10:07 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: ERIC Charger "BattNotQualified" Error

What's the voltage on each battery? What batteries do you have? How old are they?

Check voltage at the Pack Main Positive and Main Negative. Also check voltage at the Positive and Negative at the Charge receptacle.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 12:34 PM   #3
jladogana
Not Yet Wild

The pack voltage is 49.7v. Individual voltage ranges from 8-8.3v, #1-5 being 8v and #6 8.3v. Getting reference voltage at the receptacle as well.
jladogana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 01:09 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

What reference voltage at the receptacle? At the main charge leads in the receptacle you need to have full pack voltage.

Check for damaged or dirty pins in the charge receptacle.

Check connection of the Charge lead from the receptacle to the pack +. If there is any corrosion or dis-coloration cut the eyelet terminal off and crimp a new one on. Make sure the wire is shiny clean inside the insulation.

Remove and clean all of the battery cable connections and make sure all cables ends are crimped properly and free of corrosion.

Remove the cover on the charger where the charge cable goes in, leave the AC cord unplugged, and plug the DC charge cord into the cart. Check for pack voltage reaching the + and - terminals at the charger. This should be very close to pack voltage.
Unplug the DC cord, wait about 20 seconds, then plug the AC cord into the wall, then the DC cord into the cart and check voltage at the same pins before the charger starts charging and while it is charging. Compare the voltage there with pack voltage. It should be very close to the same.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 01:40 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

What kind of problem are you having with your batteries? Maybe something like not shutting off, poor charge etc. Or are you just curious about the data?
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car precedent 2014, eric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car