lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2019, 10:50 AM   #41
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 84' Club Car solid state conversion project

The Contactor coils are the small terminals where you have the activation wires.

If You are using the diagram from ScottyB that has cable #3 going to Controller B+ and cable #4 going to Motor A2, just swap those two cables on the Reversing contactor.

The Reversing Contactor top bar + (where your cable #4 is currently connected) should be going to Controller B+
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2019, 12:20 AM   #42
G. Zod
Not Yet Wild

Success! I re-attached all of the cables so everything was copper to copper. So far so good!

Really appreciate everyone's help with this build. This community is fantastic.

Also want to give a big shout out to Scotty and his amazing conversion kit and super detailed instructions!
G. Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:48 AM   #43
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

OP sent a picture and I saw right away that one SW202 high amperage contact was not tightened down. Hence the intermittent connection. Glad you got it going. Enjoy the rides!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:11 AM   #44
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:44 PM   #45
Gainerman
Not Yet Wild

Sent you a pm about the motor
Gainerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 03:20 PM   #46
G. Zod
Not Yet Wild

Unfortunately the problem is back with a vengeance. Cart flat out refuses to move forward. Here's what I've done:

- re-crimped and checked all connections on the reversing contactor. Everything is solid including the diodes
- Sergio I swapped cables #3 and 4 per your advice. Now the opposite problem is happening... Cart will go in forward but not in reverse. Which is actually a huge improvement, although I still want to get both directions working.

It's a problem that was happening intermittently before but now it's just become a permanent issue. No reverse whatsoever.

Is it a defective reversing contactor? Defective controller? Or maybe the wiring on the go pedal? I've pretty much checked and/or replaced everything else.

Greatly appreciate all the help on this.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #47
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

While one solenoid side of the reversing contactor may have failed, since it is a new installation You should check the wiring carefully again.

Please upload a couple of more pictures for reference so we can see the cable connections on the Contactor big posts as well as the coil connections.

Are you using just three terminals (one pole) on the FNR switch or did you use the other set of three terminals as well for the buzzer?
Old 10-21-2019, 10:17 AM   #48
G. Zod
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Sergio. Attached are some more pics. Let me know if I can provide additional details on the wiring.

I am only using 3 terminals on the FNR switch. No reverse buzzer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D107CBBD-DDFB-4A87-9993-CED100FCEE66.jpg (117.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 7C666D55-B83E-4059-A9F5-DADAE8877E30.jpg (112.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-21-2019, 10:42 AM   #49
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It may be an optical illusion but it appears the lower bolt on the Top Left connection is loose, make sure all bolts on the Reversing Contactor are tight..

To double check:
The cables connected to the L posts go to Motor S1 and S2.

The cable connected to the top straight bar goes to controller B+.

The cable connected to the lower post on the straight bar side goes to Motor A2.
If that is how those are wired, please post a picture of the side showing the Reversing Contactor coil terminals connections.
Old 10-23-2022, 03:45 PM   #50
G. Zod
Not Yet Wild

Realize I never closed the loop on this, the cart has been running fantastic for the past few years. I never switched any of the cables on the SW202, the cart just "magically" started working correctly. Maybe just an issue of the electrical contacts finally breaking in...?

I finally ran into a new issue this weekend so of course here I am hitting everyone up again for help!

The cart stopped working the other day. With the key in the ignition and my foot on the pedal, I can hear the reversing contactor clicking but not the solenoid. Wondering if it's a solenoid issue... with my foot on the pedal, I do not get continuity between the two poles of the solenoid. No power making it's way to the Alltrax speed controller.

All the batteries are fine and connections cleaned/good. Just can't seem to get power to flow thru the solenoid and into the speed controller/motor etc.

Any thoughts guys?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car