lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2019, 05:35 PM   #1
buckmeister2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default repairing powerdrive 3 club car charger

Folks,

My friend pulled out of his garage without fully unplugging his charger, and ripped the wires out. I no longer have a PD charger, but told him I could get it working again. When I opened it up, I found it had some earlier repairs.

From the wires that come through the hole, I plugged the red wire into the flat connector on the meter/gauge. If that is correct, I am left with a green wire with a connector on the end. a black wire with no connector, and what appears to be a fuse link with a wire coming out of it, and two connector nuts on top.

From the back/top of the charger, there is brown wire that has a black sheath in front, and what was a round connector before it was destroyed. I don't know where that goes. I see no other disconnected wires in the charger.

If any one can help with instructions, or a very simple diagram of where these wires go, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the help.

Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 102_1606.JPG (173.9 KB, 0 views)
buckmeister2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2019, 09:57 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: repairing powerdrive 3 club car charger

I found this diagram. If it is not what you need try Googling "club car charger wiring diagram"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg total-charge-3-wiring-diagram.jpg (75.5 KB, 0 views)
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:59 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I had a link for the correct diagram for that charger at one point. Hopefully someone else chimes in with the correct one.

For now. The Black from your charge cord goes to the fuse assembly, the other end of the fuse assembly connects to the Brown from the transformer. The fuse is supposed to fit into the bracket above the horizontal diode set.

The green wire has to go to the relay control board. One of the pins there will be empty. That is also supposed to be mounted to the case via the plastic studs. You may be able to re-attach them, or possibly make some new studs from some plastic/nylon spacers. It just needs to be mounted to it can’t flop around inside the case.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 10:21 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Not exactly the same but this might help. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4pRtngxytlo

Red wire is correct, green wire goes to the relay board to the tag just above the plastic leg if it is still there, black wire was pulled out of the yellow splice and the broken ring terminal goes to the other side of the circuit breaker
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Here ya go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram PD3 26580.jpg (102.2 KB, 0 views)
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car