lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2019, 04:17 PM   #1
jay0013
Not Yet Wild

Default 48v system drops to 45v on full charge

Hey all,
I got an 06 club car precedent last week. I just got a new pack of batteries because I was having an issue where the pack would drop to 44v as soon as I hit the gas and I wouldnt make it 300 yards with it hitting under 39v (after full charge). So bought a new pack (4-12v) and at full charge im at 50v or so but I know they come at 70% to 80% and move up to 100%.
The question is when you are driving on flat ground, what does your voltage drop down to? After driving for a few minutes it was already at 45-45.5v and I feel like something is making it drop more quickly than normal. Even on the old batteries, my meter would always read 100% capacity even when I would drop down to 39V or less, so I am clueless on what is going on.
I feel like I don't have much speed or torque either. When my foot is down to the ground I think Im getting up to like 8mph (gotta test that theory this week). Any insight is appreciated!
jay0013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2019, 07:32 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 48v system drops to 45v on full charge

You should have 50.9v or so after resting on a full charge, and it may go up to 63v or so while finishing charge. Are you sure your charger is working and getting to the proper voltage?
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:22 AM   #3
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay0013 View Post
Hey all,
I got an 06 club car precedent last week. I just got a new pack of batteries because I was having an issue where the pack would drop to 44v as soon as I hit the gas and I wouldnt make it 300 yards with it hitting under 39v (after full charge). So bought a new pack (4-12v) and at full charge im at 50v or so but I know they come at 70% to 80% and move up to 100%.
The question is when you are driving on flat ground, what does your voltage drop down to? After driving for a few minutes it was already at 45-45.5v and I feel like something is making it drop more quickly than normal. Even on the old batteries, my meter would always read 100% capacity even when I would drop down to 39V or less, so I am clueless on what is going on.
I feel like I don't have much speed or torque either. When my foot is down to the ground I think Im getting up to like 8mph (gotta test that theory this week). Any insight is appreciated!
Check that the brakes are not dragging.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:43 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make sure the batteries you bought are golf cart deep cell batteries, no marine deep cycle or any other battery that has a "CCA" specification.

Make sure You are actually charging all 4 batteries, check that the charger receptacle Red wire is connected to the pack positive battery post (the post that connects to the solenoid).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:49 AM   #5
jay0013
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the suggestions guys. My charger gets me up to 62v or so when it gets to full charge. After letting it rest a bit after charge im reading 51.4v. So I don't think it is my charger. The batteries are made for golf carts, not marine (thats what I got rid of as soon as I got the cart). Red is definitely connected to the pack. I lifted up the cart, to check the brakes, they seemed loose if anything, definitely not like they were dragging. With the wheels off and running I did hear the brake hit the hub a few times, so maybe ill make an adjustment/clean them to see if that helps. Thanks
jay0013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:17 PM   #6
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I think Im getting up to like 8mph
8 mph are the key words. At 8mph you are in the limp mode. You either got a bad speed sensor or your solenoid is welded shut.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:52 PM   #7
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Put the cart in run and turn it on with it in forward and try to roll it. It should slow down and the beeper should sound. Easy speed sensor test.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car