lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2019, 12:04 PM   #1
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Wiring up a 120v inverter...

So over Halloween we wired up a 12v to 120v inverter to the cart to run a smoke machine below the cart. Everything worked as intended for this one time temporary use but thought it may be nice to have 120v at other times as well. Running a 400w inverter on a pair of batteries obviously took its toll on them for a few hours, everything charged back up nicely, and I was wondering if there is a clever way to wire it up to all the batteries in my pack like running 3 sets of grounds and positives from 12v pairs. Looked online for 36/48 to 120v inverters but they are more $$ than I would care to spend. Any good way to do this or am I asking for trouble?

Thanks!
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2019, 12:12 PM   #2
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

Default Re: Wiring up a 120v inverter...

Can you not power it thru a 12v reducer? Would the amperage of the inverter be to much for say a 30amp reducer?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
CoiloverCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 02:23 PM   #3
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

If I got a small enough one that would probably be fine. This all came to be because I happened to have a 400w continuous duty inverter sitting in the garage and a 400w appliance to power. I wouldnt do a 30a but maybe 40a if thats an off the shelf item.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 02:30 PM   #4
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

A quick search and I found a 50a reducer.

Cllena DC 36V 48V Step Down to 12V 50A 600W Voltage Reducer Converter, Waterproof DC/DC Buck Transformer Power Supply https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QZQ9R86..._bXhWDb5ZV1FSC

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
CoiloverCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 03:02 PM   #5
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I Set a cart up to run a 60watt 120vac light bulb on a 48vdc exgo golf cart, stayed lite for over a week. Guys in Florida will run their refrigerator off of their golf cart during power outage.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car