lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2019, 08:11 PM   #11
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: aftermarket driving/head light

Thanks for all the replies. Special thanks for finding that High/Low light. I will take a close look at that. I searched several ways looking for one that switched between high and low and never found this. Much appreciated.
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2019, 05:52 AM   #12
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have fitted high/low beam lights, flashers (indicators), tail lights, horn and the ability to flash the high beam lights (if lights are off or on low beam) all through components bought on eBay. All of these operate via the 12V reducer. The low and high beam lights and tail lights also operate via a separate light switch.

The column switch I found was from Germany and it was an original part for an early Mercedes Unimog. It is beautifully made and fits perfectly to the steering column (see picture 1). With the aid of my trusty multimeter, I tested the outputs of that switch and ascertained that the pin outs were as shown in picture 2. I then penned my circuit diagram for the lights as shown in picture 3. For the flashers (indicators) and horn I used the circuit drawn in picture 4. These are all wired through a fused distribution box and negative bus (picture 5).

For the low beam I used two 6" LED bars mounted above the bumper bar and for the high beam I mounted two LED lights on the black fascia around the front body. The tail lights and the flashers (indicators) are truck clearance LED lights and the front flashers are built into the rear vision mirrors that I also added. I've run out of pictures for this post so I'll post the pictures of the lights below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2524 medium.jpg (60.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Turn_Lights_Horn Switch pin out.jpg (64.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Light circuit.jpg (78.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Flasher_horn_circuits.jpg (77.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 12V distribution labelled.jpg (429.0 KB, 0 views)
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:00 AM   #13
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

The lights I have used are shown in these pictures. The low beam lights shine down fairly severely so should not be a pain to oncoming drivers and the high beam can be switched off for oncoming traffic. The lights are not designed to be non-dazling and I'm sure they would not pass any test for road worthiness. I don't have a picture of the tail lights but they are simply red truck clearance lights, slightly bigger than the amber flashers (the picture of the amber flashers was taken before the wires were tucked out of sight).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191029_184918 1000.jpg (206.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191029_184929 1000.jpg (151.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191029_184938 1000.jpg (174.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2529 1000.jpg (107.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2525 medium.jpg (59.0 KB, 0 views)
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:44 PM   #14
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Has anyone tried one of the LED bars with High/Low beam?
https://www.amazon.com/FSYF-Light-Fl...073WQTZZM?th=1
that looks like a good idea
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car