lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2019, 01:22 PM   #1
rick2gun
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Battery System Desulfator ??

Are any of the Forum members familiar with the device I have pasted below?
A couple of times a year I have broken up my battery pack and used my Shaumacher Smart Charger (6 & 12 vdc) to perform this function. Next month I will be changing out my 67 month old Duracells from Sams club, with new Trojan 125's. With my 6-12 VDC charger this process can take up to 12/14 hours per Battery to Desulphate each battery. This seems to be a reasonable price to save me perhaps four days a year of downtime and perhaps extend my battery life by some X number of months.

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Life-...723NFYVFNY5AF4

Life Saver BLS-36N 36v Battery System Desulfator Rejuvenator
by Battery Life Saver
4.0 out of 5 stars 19 ratings
| 5 answered questions
Price: $123.44
Pay $123.44 $118.10 after using available Amazon Rewards Visa Card Points.

For use with 36 volt battery systems, most commonly used with 36 volt boat trolling motor batteries or Golf Carts
Can extend battery life two to three times by removing and preventing the accumulation of lead sulfate crystals using patented square sine technology
Rejuvenates old weak batteries. Maintains new batteries in optimal condition. Prevents slowdown. Restores power and performance to any electric motorized vehicle. From golf carts to trolling motors, you'll regain lost performance.
Prevent golf cart "Slow Down", long charging times, and short usage times
Built in low voltage cut-off turn the Battery Life Saver off so it won't over drain your battery.
rick2gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2019, 02:04 PM   #2
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery System Desulfator ??

Snake oil...
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:24 PM   #3
Nickelpede
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

From what I have read the desulfating chargers work best on new batteries to prevent sulfate built up.
Some information says it can help already sulfated batteries but I'm not sure about that.
I believe sulfation is like a plaque. If it is sloughed off where does it go? If it does come off it might settle in the bottom of the cell and potentially build up a sludge? How good could that be?
Nickelpede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 07:46 PM   #4
Powercat
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelpede View Post
From what I have read the desulfating chargers work best on new batteries to prevent sulfate built up.
Some information says it can help already sulfated batteries but I'm not sure about that.
I believe sulfation is like a plaque. If it is sloughed off where does it go? If it does come off it might settle in the bottom of the cell and potentially build up a sludge? How good could that be?
Yes, but a combination of an epson salt treatment and a desulphater can have great results. I extended a set of 48volt batteries by 3-4 years. Just now replacing.
Powercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car