lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2019, 10:57 PM   #11
Rwatford
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 96 DS won’t move

I'm pretty decent with auto electrics so here's where I am. With all the wires hooked up I now have 48v going into the solenoid but the solenoid isn't resonding. No clicking or any sign of life. At this point I'm thinking bad solenoid. Tomorrow I'll check to make sure the yellow wire is providing ground and if so I'll order a solenoid. I bought a project cart because I love troubleshooting.
Rwatford is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2019, 11:09 PM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Rwatford, does that diagram match your cart?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:21 PM   #13
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Charge those batteries again tonight. They are way low and perhaps bad. Test the total pack voltage and individually tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:34 AM   #14
Rwatford
Not Yet Wild

I will put batteries on charge when I get home. I checked the voltage last night at each battery and the whole pack. I got between 7.9v and 8.4v individually and 48.4v overall. How much voltage should a good pack test?
Old 11-20-2019, 01:20 PM   #15
Rwatford
Not Yet Wild

Ran home for lunch because this was bugging me and as of now i have a running, driving cart! One of my last thoughts last night was that I wanted to check the small yellow wire coming from the OBC going to the solenoid and make sure it was delivering a ground signal. This morning I was reading the sticky to bypass the OBC when Sergio explained a functioning OBC provides the ground output for the yellow wire going to the solenoid. I went home and bypassed the OBC and now it drives. Thanks Mooncarter for your help.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:58 PM   #16
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

This chart has been on this site off and on again. It is also in the sticky at the top of this forum. I keep this posted in my garage to track my batteries. Although I plug the charger in after every use to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:10 PM   #17
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwatford View Post
Ran home for lunch because this was bugging me and as of now i have a running, driving cart! One of my last thoughts last night was that I wanted to check the small yellow wire coming from the OBC going to the solenoid and make sure it was delivering a ground signal. This morning I was reading the sticky to bypass the OBC when Sergio explained a functioning OBC provides the ground output for the yellow wire going to the solenoid. I went home and bypassed the OBC and now it drives. Thanks Mooncarter for your help.
Great news.

What charger do you have?
Old 11-21-2019, 09:36 AM   #18
Rwatford
Not Yet Wild

It's a factory Club Car 48v charger. Looks like it's probably just as old as the cart it. I've been reading I should be looking for something else newer like maybe DPI.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:48 PM   #19
FlyenBrian
Not Yet Wild

The build quality of these is not great, but they function great, and for the price, who cares. Cut down my need to top of bats by probably 75%. I barely go through a gallon of water a year and mine sees 36 holes or so a week. Need the OBC by pass in place of course.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
FlyenBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:34 PM   #20
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyenBrian View Post
The build quality of these is not great, but they function great, and for the price, who cares. Cut down my need to top of bats by probably 75%. I barely go through a gallon of water a year and mine sees 36 holes or so a week. Need the OBC by pass in place of course.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I don't see how that helps. That's a 12 volt battery charger/jump starter.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car