lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2019, 06:05 PM   #11
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 95 DS Brake Dragging

A common problem is that the shoes get installed in the wrong direction. If you notice there is marking on the shoes that designate the leading and trailing edge. I don't remember all of the instructions but if you search this site or Google you will find the correct way to install them.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2019, 06:07 PM   #12
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
can it easily be reinstalled?
Yes - everything can be put back together. Make sure you find and fit both washers when putting the star adjuster back (see attached)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Brakes-Details.pdf (268.2 KB, 0 views)
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:17 PM   #13
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Anpgator,

its not as bad as it looks and easily can go back together. looks like the whole assembly could use a good cleaning. you can use brake cleaning spray and a small brass or plastic brush to help clean the backing plate and other components mounted to it.

in the top left picture you have the backing plate. looks like there is some grooving, I may be wrong. clean the plate and item #9 in the pdf I sent you. there is a plate between this part and backing plate, it should be stainless steel shiny and this whole part item #9 should slide back and forth freely. if you have dry lube, apply it on the shiny plate.

in the top right picture, you have the shoes and the adjuster wheel, plus washer(should be 2 washers). if you hold the shoes together, one is shorter, one is longer. the shorter shoes goes the side with the adjuster wheel. while holding the shoes, you will also notice that there are identical ends on the end of each shoe.

re-assemble:

the washers go onto the adjuster wheel and the adjuster wheel slides into item #9, you may want to back the screw section of the adjuster all the way in to the adjuster. you can apply dry lube to threaded section of adjuster and into the seat(item 9) the adjuster sits in. note there is a groove in the adjuster wheel to receive the shorter shoe. install short shoe, hold in place with shoe retainer spring item #7. there is also a groove on item #9 to receive the longer shoe. the identical ends of each shoe seat in the top of the backing plate. I usually install the short shoe, place the top spring into the both of the shoes. than pull the long shoe over and into the groove on the top of the mounting plate. then seat into item #9 and install the retainer #7.

the pdf I sent you show the correct placement of the springs and shoe retainers. you should pull the arm(as I call it), the part with 2 small springs attached to it, that passes through in item #9 and has the brake cable attached to it and clean it. when you put all the parts back on, check and make sure the adjuster is working correctly(prev. post).

you will need to advance the adjuster wheel and put drum back, push the where the cable attaches and see if you can move the drum by hand. you want to adjust it to the point where when you apply pressure with hand or the wood back of a hammer handle, the drum stops. this gets you close to done.

there are still adjustments to the cables and pedal. I am sure there is more information available in this forum that may cover this in more detail.
I will help as a I can, please let me know. good luck - Phil
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car