lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2019, 06:08 PM   #1
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Default Club Car DS LED Headlight Hack

I’ve been working on a 2004 Club Car DS, a real POS. Been sitting outside in a yard near the ocean for who knows how long. Bushings, suspension, hardware, upholstery, and body were all gone.

Anyways, I am really close to being done and giving it back to a friend that hired me to restore it and thought I would share a very easy and inexpensive way to make great looking headlights using the factory bezels.

First of all, I was very unimpressed with the aftermarket lights available. They all look similar to the factory lights, are very expensive, and nothing really looked cool and different.

I ordered led surface mount headlights from Amazon.

Nilight 14024C-B 2PCS 42W Flush... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S7CK2DT...p_mob_ap_share

I also ordered these dual glow LED amber lights.

Nilight 14024C-B 2PCS 42W Flush... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S7CK2DT...p_mob_ap_share

Then I got to work gutting the factory fixtures.

I had some 1/4” textured HDPE left over from a previous project, but you could use any plastic sheeting or even plexi.

If you don’t have any, 1/8” should be thick enough, and there are 12” x 12” sheets on amazon prime for $4.99.

I cut the first piece to slightly larger than the opening.
I then used an orbital sander with a 60 grit pad to round the edges and wear down the sides until it fit snugly inside the housing and fitted flush with the blinker mount. I then used that piece as a template to trace onto the HDPE to speed up the process.

I marked the areas to cut and used the factory blinker mount hole to mark where the new blinker hole was to be drilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2019, 06:17 PM   #2
Bobthefish19
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS LED Headlight Hack

How are you securing the new bracket to the housing? My dad has the same cart that I’m trying to fix up for him
Bobthefish19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:01 PM   #3
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

I then used black Shoe Goo to hold the HDPE in place. Everyone should have this stuff in their tool box- it comes in clear and black.

I let it cure for a couple of hours and they were ready to reinstall.

These LEDs are bright!!! The turn signals are dim, but there is enough real estate there to put something bigger and brighter there.

All in all, great upgrade for less than $35 in parts and two hours of build time.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:36 PM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Love the idea. Great work.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:46 AM   #5
anpgator
Getting Wild

Nice, I have been wanting to do something like this since my DS has the larger factory style headlights and there aren't really any aftermarket options i've found in that size.
anpgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 02:10 PM   #6
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I put led flush mounts into my marathons cowl cap. The OEM"s were to pricey first a sealed beam light. Looks great and much nicer then aftermarket headlights

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 02:55 PM   #7
anpgator
Getting Wild

How is the output on the road? For oncoming traffic? My cart will be street legal so I want to be sure it puts out a nice pattern on the road and doesn't glare.
anpgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 03:10 PM   #8
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Mine are most likely blinding. There is no adjustment. I am sure you could use a spacer behind the top of the lights to point them more towards the road.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:26 PM   #9
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpgator View Post
How is the output on the road? For oncoming traffic? My cart will be street legal so I want to be sure it puts out a nice pattern on the road and doesn't glare.

They are low enough to the ground that you have to really crouch down to get the full brightness. They throw a great pattern on the road about 15 feet ahead of the cart.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car