lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2019, 03:57 PM   #1
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Precedent and Onward share same rear leaf springs ?

My Onward driver side sits 5/8" lower than the other side so was going to replace the spring.

I had (maybe erroneously) assumed that the Onward and Precedent shared the same parts, and couldn't find one listed for Onward anyway, so have a Precedent rear leaf in hand.

Looks the same, appears to be the same size.

My 4 passenger Onward is factory lifted, but still uses the single leaf rear springs.

Are there different single leaf springs for Onwards and Precedents? (Different loading, arc, etc...)

Or if it fits, it's the right one?

Don't want to go to the trouble to change it all out and find out it was wrong...

Thanks
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2019, 04:19 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent and Onward share same rear leaf springs ?

Wait to find out for sure, they can look the same and measure the sme but be for different weight loads.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 09:39 AM   #3
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Dave at http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/ site sponsor. He would know, or be able to find out at least. He is this forum's resident CC guru.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:37 AM   #4
fstop
Gone Wild

Smile Re: Precedent and Onward share same rear leaf springs ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Dave at http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/ site sponsor. He would know, or be able to find out at least. He is this forum's resident CC guru.
yep - wanted to do a little research myself before bugging him, since I've been bugging him about any number of things already
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:01 AM   #5
Petefalker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I was just at the local authorized dealer getting a speed code increased and while talking with the service tech he told me that the onward is the same cart as the precedent with only cosmetic changes. Don't know if that helps but you can always call the dealer yourself and ask.
Petefalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car