lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2020, 05:46 PM   #1
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default I am beyond livid and seeing red now.

Ive just realized I bought a chinese counterfeited piece of crap 400a solenoid from Amazon that has now smoked not one, but TWO motor controllers.

Apparented its dead shorted inside and likely killed the 1268 controller when first connected.
I was running perfectly fine after switching to a stock solenoid and 1510 controller.

Today I figured I would throw the big solenoid in it with the 1510 controller just for so. Figured new parts are better than old parts.

Well. I was wrong.
Now I have a dead cart and two smoked controllers from this chinese piece of crap solenoid.

Im so effin pi$$ed right now I cant see straight.
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2020, 05:58 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: I am beyond livid and seeing red now.

This should be a sticky, can't count the times this has happened. Always try to find what you need from site sponsor.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:04 PM   #3
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
This should bea sticky, can't count the times this has happened. Always try to find what you need from site sponsor.
Lesson learned.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:50 PM   #4
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I feel your pain man!!! Try as I might to not allow it on the farm, there is not a week that goes by where I don't get f#$&ed by a chicrap part or component somewhere!

3456d
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:02 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Yeah I have had Chinese crap take a dump on me too.

However, I don't think that is what burnt up 2 controllers. I don't see how a shorted solenoid can do that.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:20 PM   #6
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Yeah I have had Chinese crap take a dump on me too.

However, I don't think that is what burnt up 2 controllers. I don't see how a shorted solenoid can do that.
There is ZERO chance it was something else in this case.
I cannot verify the 1268 failure because i never saw it run in the first place... however... its certainly suspicious because symptoms were identical.

This was a textbook install with the 1510 box. Trust me. Its not that complicated to swap a solenoid.

The 1510 controller worked prior to connecting this 400a solenoid. Now it doesnt work at all. kaput.
Not even with the stock solenoid.

I assume there is a dead short in the solenoid that fried whatever output drivers/relays turn it on from the controller.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:28 PM   #7
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Site sponsors are so important on here. The only guaranteed way to get quality parts. I never get golf cart parts on Amazon.
LukeL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:40 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art View Post
There is ZERO chance it was something else in this case.
I cannot verify the 1268 failure because i never saw it run in the first place... however... its certainly suspicious because symptoms were identical.

This was a textbook install with the 1510 box. Trust me. Its not that complicated to swap a solenoid.

The 1510 controller worked prior to connecting this 400a solenoid. Now it doesnt work at all. kaput.
Not even with the stock solenoid.

I assume there is a dead short in the solenoid that fried whatever output drivers/relays turn it on from the controller.
OK. A solenoid is nothing more than a switch. Either it's on or off. How did either position fry 2 controllers?

P.S. I am familiar with the complications and difficulties associated with removing and installing a solenoid.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:49 PM   #9
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
OK. A solenoid is nothing more than a switch. Either it's on or off. How did either position fry 2 controllers?
Correct. Its on or its off... but its told to do so by the controller. There is a direct path back to the controller.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:52 PM   #10
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unfortunately those are pretty advanced controllers that control everything, including the solenoid control. A shorted solenoid will certainly take out one of those controllers.

Had the same problem on a 2013 Cushman. Bad solenoid driver in a Curtis Sepex controller. Had to replace the whole thing.

Alltrax makes a really easy harness adapter kit to use a G-19 controller. Very well worth it!
LukeL is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car