lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2020, 04:40 PM   #1
hotwls13
Not Yet Wild

Default What to watch out for when Buying 2005 Club Car

Hey all, first post (well I was a member like 15yrs ago so now im back). Anyway, I'm looking at purchasing a 2005 club car. It supposedly works but has old/used batteries. Comes with a charger.

Primary use will be teaching my daughter to drive (before getting her in a real car). So cruising around the neighborhood. No mods planned or needed (yet).

What should I look out for?? Any known "issues with this year/brand"?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
hotwls13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2020, 04:47 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What to watch out for when Buying 2005 Club Car

We had an 05 in the test fleet for years. It was a solid cart.
Put a new set of cables and an MCOR in it from day 1.
You won't regret it.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:35 PM   #3
hotwls13
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
We had an 05 in the test fleet for years. It was a solid cart.
Put a new set of cables and an MCOR in it from day 1.
You won't regret it.
OK, thanks I will look into those (looks like about $65 for the pair at Amazon).

If I end up needing new batteries what are your thoughts on the Interstate 8V batteries at Costco for $112 each?

I may be able to get a different 05 Club with bad batteries for about $600 less than the one with old (but working) batteries. Seems like all other things being equal I'd be better off getting the one without working batteries and knowing I have new batteries for about $700 from Costco.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:24 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwls13 View Post
OK, thanks I will look into those (looks like about $65 for the pair at Amazon).

If I end up needing new batteries what are your thoughts on the Interstate 8V batteries at Costco for $112 each?

I may be able to get a different 05 Club with bad batteries for about $600 less than the one with old (but working) batteries. Seems like all other things being equal I'd be better off getting the one without working batteries and knowing I have new batteries for about $700 from Costco.
Always choose new batteries... and how you care for them means more than who sold them. Assuming the correct size and voltage is chosen
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:27 PM   #5
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check the frame at the front where the spring attaches. I've had three neighbors have the frame crack two broke completely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frame.jpg (184.3 KB, 0 views)
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:57 AM   #6
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you're leaning toward the cheaper cart, I would consider taking along good batteries to check the cart first. I've seen lots advertised as "just needs batteries" that might also have other major issues. Either cart you'll be investing in batteries anyway.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:23 AM   #7
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would also stay away from any electrical golf cart part from Amazon. Most of those are cheap Chinese-made. Better to buy from one of the BGW sponsors.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 09:34 PM   #8
hotwls13
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the input.

I have another scenario. Still shopping for a cart. What do you guys think about these options:

1. 2005 Club Car (probably precedent model) no batteries for $300-400 (supposedly everything works though) from local golf course.

2. 2005 Club Car (probably precedent model) with batteries (used at least a couple years old) everything works from local golf course $900

3. 2001 Yamaha G19E with 3 month old Trojan batteries. Black seat cover but otherwise stock. $1300 from an individual.

Thoughts? Price is huge factor for me, no plans to upgrade and will probably sell the cart in about a year.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car