lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2008, 08:17 PM   #1
dwmmatt23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default its alive!!!

man am i lucky i found a guy in town that has a golf cart junk yard and does work on them out of his house, so mine finally came to life. just needed to be rewired from what looked like a squirrel got to it. but it runs first try everytime know. whew, weight off my shoulder. and i picked up the new deluxe grey boat seats from my work and they fit liked they were made from the factory to go on my g1. now on to perfomance of it. i was suprised at these motors, plenty of power but i hit rev limiter and ive got limiter screwed all the way in. it just seems like it has so much more to give. anybody steer me into the right track as to were and what to do from here?
dwmmatt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: its alive!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmmatt23 View Post
man am i lucky i found a guy in town that has a golf cart junk yard and does work on them out of his house, so mine finally came to life. just needed to be rewired from what looked like a squirrel got to it. but it runs first try everytime know. whew, weight off my shoulder. and i picked up the new deluxe grey boat seats from my work and they fit liked they were made from the factory to go on my g1. now on to perfomance of it. i was suprised at these motors, plenty of power but i hit rev limiter and ive got limiter screwed all the way in. it just seems like it has so much more to give. anybody steer me into the right track as to were and what to do from here?
If you do have a G1, The best "tip" I ever heard is form Tom (cartpartsplus) "A sponsor and a great guy!". Cant find the post but...Take the govenor lever assembly off and "drill" the "keyed slot" out to a round hole" reinstall and .....There you go! Basicly takes the govenor out of the equation. You will find alot more "mods" to do in these forums. You will probably wake up in the middle of the night.....with a dream/vision, don't worry...It happens to the best of us! Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you post pics of those seats installed?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Them dang squirrels can do a lot of damage.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:19 PM   #5
dwmmatt23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Can you post pics of those seats installed?
yea ill try and get some tonight
Old 01-19-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
dwmmatt23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
If you do have a G1, The best "tip" I ever heard is form Tom (cartpartsplus) "A sponsor and a great guy!". Cant find the post but...Take the govenor lever assembly off and "drill" the "keyed slot" out to a round hole" reinstall and .....There you go! Basicly takes the govenor out of the equation. You will find alot more "mods" to do in these forums. You will probably wake up in the middle of the night.....with a dream/vision, don't worry...It happens to the best of us! Later Dave
yea ive been wondering how, but ill have to take a closer look at it first or find that original post cause im still alittle confused and wouldnt want to mess anything up unless i was sure on it. to do it the whole governor bracket totally comes out of case?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha