lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
dwoody29
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 93 marathon doesn't hold a charge

Recently had a 93 marathon given to me that had bad batteries and connections. Just put 6 new us batteries in it and rewired with # 2 wire. The cart is stock in all aspects and when my daughter jumped on it this morning it ran great and faster than it had since we got it, for about 30 to 40 minutes. Then it started slowing rapidly as it was losing a charge that quickly until it finally died. Checked the pack and had around 40 volts and ranged 6.9 to 7.2 individually. All wires seem to be connected securely and as far as I know correctly as I re wired it one wire at a time. Motor didn't feel unusually warm nor did any other parts. The only thing that is definately NOT correct is we have somehow lost the key the last few days, so for the morning I put a jumper wire to it, I know really not good but shouldn't have caused any battery trouble should it ? Thanks for any help offered.
dwoody29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 93 marathon doesn't hold a charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoody29 View Post
Recently had a 93 marathon given to me that had bad batteries and connections. Just put 6 new us batteries in it and rewired with # 2 wire. The cart is stock in all aspects and when my daughter jumped on it this morning it ran great and faster than it had since we got it, for about 30 to 40 minutes. Then it started slowing rapidly as it was losing a charge that quickly until it finally died. Checked the pack and had around 40 volts and ranged 6.9 to 7.2 individually. All wires seem to be connected securely and as far as I know correctly as I re wired it one wire at a time. Motor didn't feel unusually warm nor did any other parts. The only thing that is definately NOT correct is we have somehow lost the key the last few days, so for the morning I put a jumper wire to it, I know really not good but shouldn't have caused any battery trouble should it ? Thanks for any help offered.
Is this a resistor or controller cart and how many caps are on your new US batteries?
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

you need to answer PG for help, but with my 92' 36v controller cart in the exact same situation (new batteries/US and 4ga wires after I bought it) I had to get a controller. Mine didn't last 30min though, it was more like 15ish. After the controller it couldn't work any better and I am happy with it. Don't give up, you are close. Side note, did you try to just turn the key switch with anything(screw driver etc) ? I haven't tried it on mine, but all the ones at work you can turn them with about anything.
EZGO-MY-WALLET2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
dwoody29
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the feedback so far it is a controller cart and the new batteries have 3 caps each, also picked up a new key today and have everything in original condition. Still same issues. Is their a way to check the controller without buying a new one and start the whole parts changing process?
dwoody29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:12 PM   #5
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Can you double check your battery voltages. That's a bit too high for 6v batteries. Even new. Unless you checked while charging. When's the last time you changed the battery in your meter?

Jump the solenoid and see if the wheels turn.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO