lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium


Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2023, 06:50 PM   #131
augiedoggy
Gone Wild
 
augiedoggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,178
Default Re: Extreme Team issues - post here

honestly Ive been told I need to use a specific ANT bms app version to work with the ant bms I own which is the 250/500amp version of the smaller ant bms extreme used so I wouldnt be so sure an app thats not written for it it the one to use.. they are different hardware than any of the JBD or clone/rebranded variants bms afterall.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 03-23-2023, 08:47 PM   #132
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,210
Default Re: Extreme Team issues - post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakePlacidGolfer View Post
I downloaded that app. It did find my ANT BMS, but would not connect.

Is there something I should do to make the app connect to the BMS?
69AB3DD8-7086-4079-8E44-45807031F37A.jpeg

Your image shows a very low signal strength from the BMS. Iíve experienced connection problems with a low signal strength. Move closer to the unit. If you are already close, it may be shielded in a metal box. Can you open the box?
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 08:49 PM   #133
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,210
Default Re: Extreme Team issues - post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
honestly Ive been told I need to use a specific ANT bms app version to work with the ant bms I own which is the 250/500amp version of the smaller ant bms extreme used so I wouldnt be so sure an app thats not written for it it the one to use.. they are different hardware than any of the JBD or clone/rebranded variants bms afterall.
That was true for earlier versions of the Xiaoxiang app. The latest version is said to connect and communicate well with ANT BMSís.

From the GitHub page of the Xiaoxiang App, it states that the ANT BMS is supported from version 2.

https://github.com/smagicld/xiaoxiangBMS

EDIT: Added GitHub info
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 07:32 AM   #134
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild
 
LakePlacidGolfer's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Lake Placid, NY
Posts: 72
Default Re: Extreme Team issues - post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Attachment 236091

Your image shows a very low signal strength from the BMS. Iíve experienced connection problems with a low signal strength. Move closer to the unit. If you are already close, it may be shielded in a metal box. Can you open the box?
I placed my iPhone on top of the ET battery and had 4 bars of signal.

The app would still not connect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0325.jpg (52.2 KB, 0 views)
LakePlacidGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 08:09 AM   #135
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,210
Default Re: Extreme Team issues - post here

Have you tried the ANT BMS app?
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 08:40 AM   #136
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild
 
LakePlacidGolfer's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Lake Placid, NY
Posts: 72
Default Re: Extreme Team issues - post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Have you tried the ANT BMS app?
Yes.

v1.2.7 connects

v2.2.6 won't connect

These are the BMS apps I have downloaded:
  • XiaoxiangBMS: Detects BMS, won't connect
  • ANT BMS v1.2.7: Detects and connects to BMS
  • ANT BMS v2.2.6: Detects BMS, won't connect
  • Smart BMS: Detects and connects to BMS
  • SMART BMS: does not detect BMS

The screen shots below are:
  1. The BMS folder on my iPhone
  2. ANT BMS v1.2.7
  3. Smart BMS

How would I perform a "BMS Read" with the ANT BMS v1.2.7?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0327.jpg (55.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0329.jpg (45.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0330.jpg (44.3 KB, 0 views)
LakePlacidGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 08:47 AM   #137
augiedoggy
Gone Wild
 
augiedoggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,178
Default Re: Extreme Team issues - post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakePlacidGolfer View Post
Yes.

v1.2.7 connects

v2.2.6 won't connect

These are the BMS apps I have downloaded:
  • XiaoxiangBMS: Detects BMS, won't connect
  • ANT BMS v1.2.7: Detects and connects to BMS
  • ANT BMS v2.2.6: Detects BMS, won't connect
  • Smart BMS: Detects and connects to BMS
  • SMART BMS: does not detect BMS

The screen shots below are:
  1. The BMS folder on my iPhone
  2. ANT BMS v1.2.7
  3. Smart BMS

How would I perform a "BMS Read" with the ANT BMS v1.2.7?
I may have missed it but did you open your battery to see? Which BMS you actually have since both the smart bms and ant bms app? Works. ?
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 03:48 PM   #138
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,210
Default Re: Extreme Team issues - post here

It identifies as an ANT BMS so thatís what it most likely is. @LakePlacidGolfer, Whatís wrong with using one of the apps that does connect? Why are you concerned about getting the Xiaoxiang app to connect?
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 04:10 PM   #139
augiedoggy
Gone Wild
 
augiedoggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,178
Default Re: Extreme Team issues - post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
It identifies as an ANT BMS so thatís what it most likely is. @LakePlacidGolfer, Whatís wrong with using one of the apps that does connect? Why are you concerned about getting the Xiaoxiang app to connect?
He may be trying to get it to connect because you commented above that it should?

I know the ant bms I have only works correctly with the newer revision ant bms software and not the older version. I'm currently not using it so I can't check it with any other software but I do remember reading a few thread about connection issues and those folks were trying to use incompatible versions of the app.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 05:01 PM   #140
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,210
Default Re: Extreme Team issues - post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
I know the ant bms I have only works correctly with the newer revision ant bms software and not the older version.
I could be that ANT made a communications protocol change and Xiaoxiang hasnít kept up then.

I was unaware that he already had reliable communication via two different apps, just that he was trying to establish communication. My philosophy is use whatever works anyhowÖ.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Extreme Team belly up... Lithium Club Car
Extreme Team 72V/150ah Lithium Club Car
Extreme Team (ET) BMS Lithium Club Car
Extreme Team install Lithium Club Car
new 72 volt extreme team Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. © 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.