lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2023, 12:30 AM   #31
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Voltage issue.

Try spraying some premixed fuel directly into the carb while cranking. If it fires up for a few seconds, the engine is fine and you need to look again at fuel delivery. If no fire, then you need to look deeper as to why.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2023, 08:58 AM   #32
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Cartmaster is right. Spray some mixed fuel in there to see if it fires. If not, remove the exhaust pipe and move the piston up and down. Look in the to see if you can spot a square hole in the side of the piston. If you see it, the piston is in backwards. If there is no hole, we start thinking about crankshaft seals. Hope it fires when you squirt some fuel.

No, the wheels should not turn until the engine is running and both clutches engage.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 06:55 PM   #33
KevinRB
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Ok sorry I was away a while but yesterday I sprayed gas into carburetor like Cartmaster and cart around said and started sounding like it was hitting. I had it on jack stands and kept at it and it FINIALY started. I took it out on the road and drove it about a half mile and it seemed to do good. I have a short but steep hill going into my backyard and it went up it with no problem at all. I drove around the backyard in both forward and reverse with no issues. I owe a big thank you to you all on here that helped guide me through getting it started and explaining how this type of cart works. Now that it's running and driving I'll start going over it and see what needs to be done. I didn't want to spend money on it until I knew it would run seeing how it sat for 15 years. Thanks again and I'll be tapping into your knowledge again as I move along.
Kevin.
KevinRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO