lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2015, 10:29 AM   #1
g.schucks
Not Yet Wild

Default Cushman UTV Maxim? Will not move

Cart is a work cart that I know nothing about. Name says all I know, if someone can tell me where to find a model or serial that will help please do. This was plugged up to the charger after sitting for a few months and I hear the charger kick on, but after about a day hooked up it will not move. Headlights did come on at first, now they don't. Back up alarm sounds when put in reverse, but no movement. Pictures tell the story, it looks BAD. I obviously think the all the batteries need attention, if not just replacement. Isn't a bulged battery a bad sign?

So where do I start? Check the individual voltage of each battery? What should I see on the charger when plugged in? It is mounted and hard to see, but I think I should be able to get a visual. I have not done ANY troubleshooting on an electric cart before, so you will have to put it into layman terms for me.

Please let me know what I am forgetting and thanks in advance.

g.schucks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150603_181646.jpg (251.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20150603_181834.jpg (133.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20150603_181635.jpg (231.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20150603_181727.jpg (137.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20150603_181614.jpg (347.0 KB, 0 views)
g.schucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2015, 06:56 PM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Cushman UTV Maxim? Will not move

I'd start by cleaning the battery posts and cable ends. Check the water level and voltage of each battery. The charger may not come on if the batteries have a very low charge.

Those look like automotive battery cable, which aren't the best to use.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts