lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2022, 05:45 PM   #1
4wealn
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 RXV Brake problem?

Hello all. I started having an issue with my cart the other day. It has done it twice now and I do not know why. I have a Navitas controller and I have the speed turned up but it is still in the green area on the OTF, I also have the regen braking turned up but again still in the green area.
What happens is as I go down a hill or a slight slope full speed and let off on the accelerator pedal so I can start to slow down, the cart will start to regen brake and then all of a sudden I hear kind of a pop and then I have no regen braking or brake pedal unless I push the brake pedal all the way down and then it is a lock up. The accelerator pedal also does not work when this happens. Once I get the cart stopped, if I turn it off and then back on again, everything is OK again. The only thing that is weird when I turn it on again is the the state of charge meter drops drastically. As an example, today the meter was reading almost full and then after the incident and I turned the cart off and on again, it was at half. I short time later I turned the cart on again and it was back up to almost full.

Has anybody seen this. Is it a bad brake unit? Just not sure why the small pop and then the brake doesn't work. Could it be a setting on the Navitas app?

Thanks in advance. I look forward to your responses.
4wealn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2022, 04:16 AM   #2
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 RXV Brake problem?

Are you using the stock solenoid?
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 04:36 AM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The regen braking comes from the motor, if it fails, the electro magnetic disc brake is your last chance to stop the cart. A sutuation, i'd never think about. It's the emergency function of the parking brake, but a big stress for that tiny thing, it can be destroyed in a short time
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 07:44 AM   #4
4wealn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartdoc1969 View Post
Are you using the stock solenoid?
No, I have changed it to a 48v Curtis Albright.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:46 AM   #5
4wealn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
The regen braking comes from the motor, if it fails, the electro magnetic disc brake is your last chance to stop the cart. A sutuation, i'd never think about. It's the emergency function of the parking brake, but a big stress for that tiny thing, it can be destroyed in a short time
Yes, I completely agree with you, the only thing that has me baffled is that I have no brake other than the safety braking when you push the pedal all the way down, and the accelerator pedal does not work either. It is like it shuts down completely.

How can I get the motor checked to see what is going on.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:12 AM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is the solenoid correct set to 48v in the Navitas app ( stock is 36v )? Important part of the regen braking is the induction inverter ( controller ). I'd recommend to ask Navitas what can cause a problem like this. I don't think it's the motor...

P.s one of my favorites for the near future will be the hydraulic front disc brake.
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 10:31 AM   #7
4wealn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Is the solenoid correct set to 48v in the Navitas app ( stock is 36v )? Important part of the regen braking is the induction inverter ( controller ). I'd recommend to ask Navitas what can cause a problem like this. I don't think it's the motor...

P.s one of my favorites for the near future will be the hydraulic front disc brake.
Yes, I have set the solinoid to 48v, I read that in this forum and was one of the first things I did.

I will call Navitas and report back. Thank you
Old 04-28-2022, 08:48 PM   #8
4wealn
Not Yet Wild

Navitas is looking into this for me. Unfortunately I did not get the code that was coming from the controller as I turned the cart off before I could get the code. Hope it is a one off.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO