lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2022, 12:08 PM   #1
voodoocr
Not Yet Wild

Default problem with 2009 RXV encoder or wires to Encoder

Hi All,

Got an intermittent fault on an EZGO 2009 RXV , cart runs fine then decides to quit after a few minutes and makes the grinding and judder noise familiar with encoder problem.

1) check encoder output on oscilloscope in tow mode and get perfect 0-5v square wave on Both A and B encoder with changing frequency and speed.

2) Get same wave in run mode but then intermitently wave drops and cart produces grinding and wobble noise. wave then not clean and cart halts.

3) check pins 3 4 5 and 6 from controller plug to encoder plug and also to other side of plug into motor and full continuity on each leg of the 4 pin plug.

Now I have heard that even if your encoder checks out its possible that with and intermittent fault its still worth changing the encoder as it may be faulty but I want to avoid having to take the motor out (yes its the old style bearing encoder) to change the encoder only to find out its something else.

Its not the controller (Dhanaher) as it was replaced by another similar one and short of putting my Navidas from cart2 in there for Diagnostics all it will tell me is encoder fault more than likely which wont help much.

Any ideas out there much appreciated ?

cart1 :2009 EzGo RXV with Dhanaher Controller Lithiums (Road Legal)
cart2 :2009 EzGo RXV with NAvidas TAC2 53kph top steep Trojan T1275 (Road legal)
voodoocr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2022, 01:04 PM   #2
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: problem with 2009 RXV encoder or wires to Encoder

Pin 3 from the controller provides a 5 volt supply to sensors which goes to a sonic weld splitting it to several sensors, one being the encoder ( motor speed sensor ). That sonic weld ( and other sonic welds ) are notorious for problems on RXV. You may be intermittently losing power to the encoder at that junction.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:26 PM   #3
voodoocr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
Pin 3 from the controller provides a 5 volt supply to sensors which goes to a sonic weld splitting it to several sensors, one being the encoder ( motor speed sensor ). That sonic weld ( and other sonic welds ) are notorious for problems on RXV. You may be intermittently losing power to the encoder at that junction.
Yes good point I think I know where the +5V and GND junctions are on the harness for the various sensors my other cart has similiar problems living on the seaside doesnt help and I have seen evidence if discoloring on the inside of wires on the hardness at other points. Can I clean/improve the Sonic Welds ?

Do you know if its possible to get replacement main harness for RXV with Danaher connector ? I searched hi and low and only for Curtis Connector.

Thanks for your help
Old 04-27-2022, 05:52 PM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Main Wiring Harness Production Pre 1/23/12
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:41 PM   #5
voodoocr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Main Wiring Harness Production Pre 1/23/12
Thank you ! is that with a Dhanaher 23 pin plug onto the controller ?

hard to tell from the pictures !!
Old 04-29-2022, 02:00 AM   #6
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Call EZGO and talk with them.

Contact Customer Service department at:
E-Z-GO & Pro-Fit Parts: 1-888-438-3946
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2009, encoder, ezgo, harness, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO