lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2023, 07:26 AM   #11
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 48v lithium bank only showing 10cells on app.

Whats does the actual volt meter or the charge meter say? the best way to know for sure is just check it that way. If you dont have a proper voltage gauge for lithium then this is your opportunity to get one. The ones meant for lead acid will not work well with these batteries you want one with a shunt and actual voltage readout. in the mean time a multi meter or cheap volt meter just to see whats going on would work. something is not right here as typically in cells had become disconnected the bms would still show then and an error state. the battery level on your bms appears to show what would be full at the 36v level at 3.65 or 42v if they are 4.2v/3.7 nominal cells.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2023, 07:50 AM   #12
Lupus71
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So i wired up the meter and it is showing 54.8v. It runs fine. The battery says its a 51.2v battery. Is this ok? Sound like just an app issue? I have it straight to battery. I dont know what a shunt is.
Lupus71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 08:06 AM   #13
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus71 View Post
So i wired up the meter and it is showing 54.8v. It runs fine. The battery says its a 51.2v battery. Is this ok? Sound like just an app issue? I have it straight to battery. I dont know what a shunt is.
yeah either something is very wrong with the bms or you are connected to another battery nearby. I know the name of that battery corresponds with yours.. I wonder if they use multiple bms on the battery for some reason or something odd like that.

a shunt is a device that wires between an amp meter and the battery that actually measures the amount of energy going in and out to give you a very accurate readout and estimate of your charge level and how long till you need to charge.
Old 03-10-2023, 08:55 AM   #14
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My concern would be if the BMS is actually only seeing 10 cells when there are actually more.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 09:14 AM   #15
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
My concern would be if the BMS is actually only seeing 10 cells when there are actually more.
That doesn't explain the total Voltage reading not being 51 V. All my bms will through an error if a wire gets pulled off a cell I suppose it's possible that there are 2 plugs going to the bms and one came out But I know that wont-work on either of the BMS I'm using. The wire that goes to the 1st positive terminal is red and it is different than the other sensing wires Honestly I don't see how The b m s Would read 33 V here and only see 10 cells
Old 03-10-2023, 09:22 AM   #16
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It's probably adding the individual cell voltages that it sees rather than reading the total. That's how my BMS works. The BMS could be programmed for a 36 volt pack - which I'm sure they also make.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 04:54 PM   #17
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

This is really looking like an app/software issue. As Augiedoggy said, if there are in fact two plugs and one is disconnected, the BMS would be shut down as BMS power is usually taken from one plug and BMS ground from another. It looks to be connected to the correct battery as the model number is 51-150, which indicates a 51v (48v nominal) 150Ah battery.

Lupus71, Can you see the configuration parameters in the app? Can you see the number of cells that has been configured? Either way, I would be contacting Allied as the parameters are most likely locked down.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium