lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2023, 02:21 PM   #11
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Voltage issue.

If my dog can get the garage door open, he is welcome to drive the cart.

You will find the entire 88 manual in post #22 here. https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...=105501&page=3
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2023, 06:17 PM   #12
KevinRB
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
I replaced my key switch with a toggle switch and never turn it off. The pedal switch and the neutral safety switch are both in series with it. All 3 need to be closed to make the solenoid operate.

Your battery is junk.

This is your wiring diagram. Ignore the part about the HEI mod for now.

https://buggiesgonewild.com/attachme...7&d=1323224205
Cart around Thank you for the wiring diagram. I will put a new good quality battery in it and go from there.
KevinRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 06:21 PM   #13
KevinRB
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
one reason why I wouldnt do that myself..
https://www.facebook.com/reel/594475465867597
Thanks for that video. I got a good laff at someone's misfortune.
Old 03-28-2023, 07:44 AM   #14
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

I had a different comment about the parasitic draw but thats with an electric cart so nevermind, I forgot this is a gas cart. not sure if there will be a load on the battery or not with the on off switch bypassed. You would need to check with a meter. I used to leave mine on from time to time in my g1 with no issues.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 08:06 AM   #15
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
I had a different comment about the parasitic draw but that's with an electric cart so never mind, I forgot this is a gas cart. not sure if there will be a load on the battery or not with the on off switch bypassed. You would need to check with a meter. I used to leave mine on from time to time in my g1 with no issues.

The solenoid activation circuit is a very simple series circuit with no parasitic draw.

From what I can tell, his is working properly. If it wasn't, he wouldn't get the voltage drop all the way to the starter connection that he is getting.

Once he gets this thing spinning with a new battery, we will find out if it runs.

Then we will move on to compression, crankshaft seals, fuel pump, ignition system, and dirty carburetor. All of the usual suspects.
Old 03-28-2023, 08:24 AM   #16
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
The solenoid activation circuit is a very simple series circuit with no parasitic draw.

From what I can tell, his is working properly. If it wasn't, he wouldn't get the voltage drop all the way to the starter connection that he is getting.

Once he gets this thing spinning with a new battery, we will find out if it runs.

Then we will move on to compression, crankshaft seals, fuel pump, ignition system, and dirty carburetor. All of the usual suspects.
Got it... I know some are different.. leaving the key on in my old harley cart could fry the points. At least thats what I was told. Knowing what I know now that make not have been accurate if the pedal switch cut the voltage.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 07:58 PM   #17
KevinRB
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Quote:

Cart around I didn't mention the cart had been sitting for 15 years before it was given to me. I am going to replace the fuel lines, fuel filters, and maybe the fuel pump before I try to make it run. I'm trying to make sure it turns over and check compression and spark before I get started. I really appreciate your help going forward with this. I'll need it.
Old 03-30-2023, 07:17 PM   #18
KevinRB
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

I got to do some more work on my cart today. I put in a new battery and it did turn over. At first my ground wire started smoking and got hot. I disconnected the battery and cleaned all the ends and the grounding points. That seemed to correct that problem. I checked for spark and I get a nice blue spark so now I will change all the gas line and filters, check the fuel pump and clean out the gas tank. Being it sat for 15 years I will need to either rebuild or replace the carb. It does have the automatic oiler on it but looks like it has one of the lines disconnected.
Old 03-30-2023, 10:58 PM   #19
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Do not replace your carburetor. Just clean it. Mix your gas 128:1.
Old 03-31-2023, 08:40 AM   #20
KevinRB
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Quote:
Do not replace your carburetor. Just clean it. Mix your gas 128:1.
Thank you. I know from working on Cushmans that the new carbs are junk. Original is always better. Is mixing the gas a better option then using the automatic oiler?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO