lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2023, 11:22 PM   #1
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default 1995 Metalist completed

I bought this cart a three years ago for a project. I have completed it. No longer have the beat up metal body on it. Nothing fancy just a stock series cart with new US batteries and all new 4-gauge cables.

I rebuilt all brake parts. I removed the brake pedal and installed all new bushings. Even took the old style rack and pinion apart and rebuilt it. Starter brushes look like new. It runs great . I did have one left rear drum and axle ruined but I had one off my 2007 that I junked out that looked like new. Splines on axle were stripped and I almost missed it.

Was planning on selling it but once my wife drove it she wants it to use working in the yard. Everything I buy and fix up seems to stay within my family.
of this year. My wife likes how nice and quiet this electric cart is. I sort of like it myself.
I do wonder how much it would bring if I did sell it but now that seems out of the question. At least for now :)

I couldn't see putting the money it would take to upgrade to lithium batteries or to a 48 volt system. I already have an almost new Pro-Fit 36 volt charter. Cost was the biggest factor for me even though I did think about it. No regrets.
Off to the next one which I bought three months ago. Ezgo gas. I have all the parts needed to bring it back to life in stock .
When do I stop this at almost age 76. I have no clue but for now I say move on. I love what I do and have a great place to work in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezGo.jpg (229.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg more of the metalist ezgo completed.jpg (214.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg motor and 4 gauge wires.jpg (260.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 1995.jpg (154.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg More battery area.jpg (178.5 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2023, 12:15 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1995 Metalist completed

Nice looking cart Trig, but it is nowhere near finished as you have not got the vanity caps in the bumper yet! What is going on! I also fail to see any wire nuts anywhere.

Seriously though, Nice job.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 05:24 AM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Nice looking cart Trig, but it is nowhere near finished as you have not got the vanity caps in the bumper yet! What is going on! I also fail to see any wire nuts anywhere.

Seriously though, Nice job.
I got them yesterday but haven't installed them yet. I started to use paint shop pro and paint them in where you wouldn't notice.

I actually had to drill holes and tap them out in this frame to install a bumper. It wasn't a plug and play like I was told on this 1995. Several more things I had to do to make this plastic body work.
I am now 100 % wire nut free after treatment
Old 04-19-2023, 07:43 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Nice cart. Nothing as easy to live with as an electric Ezgo TXT. Just get in a go - smooth ride too. You could always stuff some big tires under it without a lift.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2459.jpg (684.7 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 09:11 AM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Nice cart. Nothing as easy to live with as an electric Ezgo TXT. Just get in a go - smooth ride too. You could always stuff some big tires under it without a lift.
Nice scottyb. If I added the same as yours I might have problems getting up the hill in our neighborhood. You know how these series carts are.
Yes, it has the little sag in front. I added workhorse front springs that I had off one of my many junked out carts. They are 3/8th inch thick where the standard is 5/16th. It helped about an inch.

The 2002 and up carts just sit up better even without a lift. A 2 or 3 inch lift would help.
I hate to say it but I could get hooked on spark carts lol
Here is my 2003 gas TXT nose to nose with my 1995 sparky after I put the HD springs on front. They are the same color but camera don't show it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nose to nose 2003 and 1995 ezgo.jpg (136.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-19-2023, 09:45 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Our personal carts are 2 TXT48s. I have an older 2008 PDS converted to 500 amps/14 hp and she has a newer 2014 with 400 amps and 6.5hp. Both converted to Eco battery now and just a joy to own and use. Plus the TXT is so easy to work on compared to the other makes.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 01:56 PM   #7
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Our personal carts are 2 TXT48s. I have an older 2008 PDS converted to 500 amps/14 hp and she has a newer 2014 with 400 amps and 6.5hp. Both converted to Eco battery now and just a joy to own and use. Plus the TXT is so easy to work on compared to the other makes.
I have a 2007 PDS in my shop that I bought four years ago. Frame has no rust and its been in my shop out of the weather since. I have robbed on it some but nothing I couldn't put back.
I would need a new motor, controller , Cables, and batteries , charger and I am sure a few other things. I got no cores other than about 10 car batteries but don't know how that works going to lithium ?

Now that I see how great these sparky carts are I may have to bring it back. I want one that pull a hill so maybe you can help me get what I need scottyb Not so much for speed just climbing power. Speed is also nice though :)

JohnnieB told me way back then to get that PDS cart running and let the series sit . I didn't want to spend the money it would take back then. I wish now I had listened to JB. I didn't spend much on the series cart though but I got the plain Jane in it.

My series 1995 ex Medalist looks good behind my 2019 TRD Sport though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TDR Sport and ezgo.jpg (97.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-26-2023, 09:32 AM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Nice clean cart, looks good!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 09:29 PM   #9
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Nice clean cart, looks good!
Thanks Ron. I ordered a Steel Utility Cargo Box for it yesterday and will let my wife use it after I install it. She loves the way this electric cart drives and how quiet it is.
She has been using our 2006 MPT 1200 gas cart for working in our yard and now has a harder time getting up in it. This little cart will be so much better for her.
I sort of like electric carts myself . It just won't pull large hills like the MPT 1200 but will work OK in our yard. She sure won't be loading it with heavy stuff.
I now get my work cart back
I will upload a picture of it when I get the cargo box installed.
She also can't get the MPT all the way in our basement because its lifted and hits our heat and AC duct .
No worry now of that happening.
I told her she would have to check the water in the batteries. She told me to do it.
Old 04-29-2023, 09:25 PM   #10
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

My wife now has it and loves how it runs. No choking to start the engine now. This cart is much better for her to get in and out of it compared to the lifted MPT 1200 .
I am not sold on electric carts but I will have to say this one is nice and quiet.
Maybe I will get my PDS cart running this year.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides