Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2023, 11:56 PM   #1
Forty01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default WTB Club Car DS stuff

I have an 06 DS 48v. Looking for a decent body without headlight holes (rectangles), larger wheels and tires (more off-road style), 80” roof, and I’ll take a look at anything else you got besides a charger.

Last edited by Forty01; 04-19-2023 at 12:00 AM.. Reason: Title change
Forty01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2023, 07:57 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: WTB Club Car DS stuff

I have a spare body you might be able to talk me out of

I don’t think the headlights are cut, but I can’t remember now. It’s in my attic and I’d have to look. I have been stashing it, was gonna wrap it and swap with the body on my cart but I may or may not ever actually get around to that….
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 06:28 PM   #3
Forty01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I have a spare body you might be able to talk me out of

I don’t think the headlights are cut, but I can’t remember now. It’s in my attic and I’d have to look. I have been stashing it, was gonna wrap it and swap with the body on my cart but I may or may not ever actually get around to that….

That’s awesome! Is it in decent shape?
Old 04-25-2023, 08:40 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yes… certainly not perfect but definitely decent. No cracks or anything major but will either meet to be painted or wrapped. I was gonna try my hand with a wrap but haven’t had time and may or may not ever actually get around to it

Pm me your number and I’ll take some pics
Old 04-26-2023, 06:25 AM   #5
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Yes… certainly not perfect but definitely decent. No cracks or anything major but will either meet to be painted or wrapped. I was gonna try my hand with a wrap but haven’t had time and may or may not ever actually get around to it

Pm me your number and I’ll take some pics
Not trying to thread jack here, how hard is it to get these DS shells off the frame? I have one that was poorly rattle caned by the PO and once it is no longer a work cart I would like to wrap it. Figure best way to do that is with it off the frame.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 06:41 AM   #6
Brian Baker
Gone Wild

Super easy.
There are 4 (2 on each side) 1/4" screws just inside the track that runs down to the floor of the cart, loosen them (DO not take them out). The 2 carriage bolts on the top of the frame remove the 1/2" nuts in the dash pockets as well as the windshield frame bolts.
Remove bumper and you will see two more anchors at the nose of the cowl, remove those as well and off it comes.
The rear needs no special instructions other than to remove the bag well and you will see 2 anchors to remove as well. Obviously the controls that come through the front of the rear cowl at you knees and bingo.
Brian Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 08:06 AM   #7
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker View Post
Super easy.
There are 4 (2 on each side) 1/4" screws just inside the track that runs down to the floor of the cart, loosen them (DO not take them out). The 2 carriage bolts on the top of the frame remove the 1/2" nuts in the dash pockets as well as the windshield frame bolts.
Remove bumper and you will see two more anchors at the nose of the cowl, remove those as well and off it comes.
The rear needs no special instructions other than to remove the bag well and you will see 2 anchors to remove as well. Obviously the controls that come through the front of the rear cowl at you knees and bingo.
Thanks Brian
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 08:12 AM   #8
Forty01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
Not trying to thread jack here, how hard is it to get these DS shells off the frame? I have one that was poorly rattle caned by the PO and once it is no longer a work cart I would like to wrap it. Figure best way to do that is with it off the frame.
Not hard at all, I’d honestly say the most difficult part is the front cowl aluminum trim piece because it has a track inside for the bolt catches. They’re like 6 little flathead screwdriver tip bolts you have to unscrew off it. Two just under the cup holders on each side and two at the top of each glove box area just inset a bit from the edge. When I’m putting it back on I line them up by eye best I can then put a little piece of tape in them to hold in place. It sounds whacky now but you’ll see what I’m talking about when you do it.
Old 04-26-2023, 08:16 AM   #9
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yep that’s pretty much it. On a stock cart with no back seat you can half the body removed in a half hour. Back seat takes a little longer just because it’s heavy lol

I also use kleen strip aerosol stripper. You can get it at Walmart, Home Depot, wherever. Makes it super easy. Spray it on, let it snap crackle and pop for about 15 minutes and blow it off with a pressure washer. Just do it in the back corner of the yard somewhere because it’s kinda messy for a few days until the paint that was blown off disintegrates. It goes away on its own in a few days or couple good rains but wife might complain a little when she first sees what you done did
Old 04-26-2023, 08:18 AM   #10
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty01 View Post
Not hard at all, I’d honestly say the most difficult part is the front cowl aluminum trim piece because it has a track inside for the bolt catches. They’re like 6 little flathead screwdriver tip bolts you have to unscrew off it. Two just under the cup holders on each side and two at the top of each glove box area just inset a bit from the edge. When I’m putting it back on I line them up by eye best I can then put a little piece of tape in them to hold in place. It sounds whacky now but you’ll see what I’m talking about when you do it.
I don’t take them all the way out. You really only need to loosen them up a bit to loosen that frame piece.

If you do take it all the way off to polish or paint it or whatever, I use a feeler gauge to slide it up where it needs to go and start the screw. Then pull out the feeler gauge no problem and tighten the rest of the way.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts