lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2023, 07:09 PM   #1
pineypowerwpww
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ran my allied batteries dead..

So I ran my cart to the max today and had to be towed home. Once home decided to check voltage my 4 48 v 30ah parallel bank of batteries and only had 18v. (Oooo no!!) I then disconnected all the batteries and had voltage range from 48- 50v on the individual batteries. So now I figure once I get my new charger ( think I might have thrown the charger in the garbage by mistake) I will hook them all back up and charge them. Question is there some sort of bms in these batteries so you don't burn out? Did I damage the life of the batteries by running them like this? They should come back no?
pineypowerwpww is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2023, 08:27 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ran my allied batteries dead..

There are some lithium experts that will be along soon to advise you.
What a sad string of events this is. Batts run flat and the charger's been tossed out in the trash. Worst thing for these batteries now is to be left sitting at this too low voltage. Is there any way or anyplace where you could get just some charge in them soon?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 09:07 PM   #3
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

a shunt based voltage gauge or even just a volt meter of some kind could have saved you a lot of money and aggravation here...

at 48-50v your batteries are fine. just depleated.. Not sure why you had 18v though? maybe you have a poor wiring connection or failed relay? depending on where you took that reading.

This is where I cant understand why allied couldnt splurge and spend the extra $15 for a smart bms that you could actually see whats going on with a bluetooth app..
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 01:27 AM   #4
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

At 48v the Batteries are fine. The BMS did it’s job and shut down the cart before any damage was done. The 18v you measured is most likely just leakage through the BMS while it was shut down. No rush in getting a charger. The absolute minimum voltage for your batteries is 40v and you’re nowhere near that.

Get yourself a new charger, charge the batteries and off you go. Also get yourself a Renogy 500a shunt meter and never be caught out again.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 05:29 AM   #5
pineypowerwpww
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks charger should be here today and I'll put them all back together. Then charge fully, take voltage again, and post my outcome.
pineypowerwpww is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium