lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2023, 09:32 AM   #11
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Temperature sensor connection?

Sorry about my ignorance regarding the BMS operation. That's why I am asking the experienced on here.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2023, 09:47 AM   #12
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant that the MOS was lit when the cart had power and not lit when the cart did not have power. Didn't have anything to do with the ignition being on as far as I know. When the power went off, I had the ignition on. I had no turn signals, no lights, no horn, no power to the cart period. Pat911 asked me about the MOS on the app and that's when I first noticed it showing "off" or no longer green. I used the app to reset the BMS and immediately had power. It happened twice, once when I stopped at a Walmart parking lot to make a call and once on the way home when I stopped to pick up my mail.
I am kinda wondering if it has anything to do with the Yamaha golf cart Regen, since I drove it pretty hard while I was testing it. Although, the battery pack, BMS and cables were cool to the touch, not warm at all.
I drove it once last week with my wife in it and drove about five miles without stopping and had no problems with it.
Reading back I think it may have been me that came up with the ignition on/off bit. Reading what you said again it said power on and off. I must of assumed you meant ignition. Pack should not stop output power unless there is a fault. Further conversation on this should probably move over to your original thread to keep information there and not clutter this thread up however.
jasonojordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 06:05 PM   #13
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

MOS refers to Mosfet which are the devices used to switch power to/from the battery.

CHGMOS allows charge current to flow into the battery, DSGMOS allows current to flow out of the battery.

The strange thing about this situation is that BOTH the charge and discharge mosfets were switched off when the fault occurred. If a real condition tripped the BMS, only one of them would switch off and the reason for doing so would be displayed.

Certain temperature conditions could cause both to switch off but once again, the BMS would log that fault.

In the other thread, when I said the temperature sensor PLUG might be loose, I meant that, the PLUG. A loose, flopping sensor would not cause this problem. Just for completeness, what was the ambient temperature when this occurred?

This is really looking like a faulty BMS. Other option is to contact Daly and ask them what condition could cause BOTH charge and discharge to be disabled.

Agree with Jason, two parallel threads is confusing.
Problem starts at post #80 of the following thread
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=189235&page=8
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 09:26 AM   #14
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sorry about the duplicate/related thread.
I have emailed the DALY folks with the problem and will wait for them to give me some suggestions.
Since I don't know that much about the BMS, I thought maybe someone on here might see something simple that I am missing. It seems that it is usually something simple that is usually missed on these things. I would not even have noticed the MOS switches being off, if not for Pat mentioning it.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha