lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #1
aynorgreg
Not Yet Wild

Angry Ezgo rxv brake want release

I have an 09 ezgo rxv that has had new brake and solenoid replaced and is still dragging. Replaced one and run good for little while then burnt up again and now it's locked up any help thanks
aynorgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2014, 01:06 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Ezgo rxv brake want release

I have found it is important to Not over tighten the 3 bolts on the brake. Try loosening them and tightening them just until the lock washers are compressed. I forget the factory torque spec. I have seen them fail early, and sometimes new ones "appear" defective immediately upon install with overtightened bolts. You can somewhat easily disassemble the brake to inspect for possible reuse, and scuff the surfaces (i draw a circle on the brake disk before dissassembly to keep it centered for reassembly). The unlocking method listed on controller cover will make perfect alignment a breeze after the bolts are started in the holes, this sounds counter-intuitive (why would i unlock it AFTER i start the bolts), but try it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
aynorgreg
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help , I did install the brake and didn't over torque I have installed several before but never encountered this problem I think the brake circuit is not releasing just not sure why checked voltage on connector going to brake and getting 50v on both wires when has pedal if applied ?
aynorgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:49 PM   #4
WGCS
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

aynorgreg, did you ever resolve the problem? I am having similar issues. Replaced controller, brake, and solenoid, and brakes are still dragging. Cart wouldn't move before I installed new controller. No current error codes on the danaher hand held
WGCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:53 PM   #5
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

HI--
cgtech is right on. Most new brake drag problems do seem to be over tightening or uneven
tightening.
uneven is as bad as over tightening.
our procedure for brake replacement....
1) clean end of motor.. may need wire brush - get rust/gunk off end so brake slides on easily.
2) apply SMALL amount of anti seize.
3) wipe off any excess anti seize. you don't want it in brake.
4) tighten bolts to 10 inch oz.
5) drive cart stop and rock cart w/parking emergency brake applied.
6) re tighten bolts

We have stack of brakes at shop, a few solenoids but -NO CONTROLLERS-
Several carts have come to us "other guys" said controller is bad. Never was controller.
----Suspect anything before controller.

Your "New" brake may be toast.. Once they drag or overheat they seem to go downhill fast.

Did "New" brake have handle on it?
Did you get brake from reputable source?

Good luck Keep us posted-Would like to know the resolution
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:54 PM   #6
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

50v would release a properly working brake
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, ezgo rxv, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO