lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2016, 08:45 AM   #71
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: So your Yami won't turn over

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRDCOMPOSITES View Post
Got new correct solenoid installed still not working I can jump big posts and get it to turn over. Tested brown wire at pedal no power so I traced wiring back and in harness coming from front under battery tray/ solenoid I have a black wire not connected not seeing where it would go to or seeing it in wiring diagram anyone have a clue
That lead should be connected to the negative battery cable. The original negative battery cable would have a small jumper lead for attatching that wire, if yours doesn't have one, just make your own lead and install it onto the battery post.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2016, 10:41 AM   #72
SRDCOMPOSITES
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks that was the problem
SRDCOMPOSITES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 04:26 PM   #73
SRDCOMPOSITES
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Cart ran for about 30 minutes on new solenoid had some residual smoking let it cool off go to drive it around again and solenoid clicks but nothing else. Checked stop switch it's good. Nothing coming out of solenoid to starter if I jump big posts it turns over. It's a new white Rodgers with 30 minutes max on it.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:05 PM   #74
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I have no idea if White/Rodgers make a "non continuis duty" solenoid, but that's what it soulds like. Post up a pix of the solenoid please.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:48 AM   #75
SRDCOMPOSITES
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Got it ordered from state line golf carts in PA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (101.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-01-2016, 08:53 AM   #76
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

It does say continuis Just bad luck?
Old 08-19-2016, 02:16 PM   #77
Yamaha_G1
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Drove the cart to the pool, ran just fine. Tried to go home, and it wouldn't start.

After getting it home I tested all kinds of things.
I checked the battery, fuses, solenoids, stop switch, relay, key switch, and more... I was testing the stop switch when I realized I was only getting 6v when trying to start the cart but at the battery post I had 12v. Tracing it back with the multi-meter I got all the way back to the battery. 12v at the battery post but only 6v at power cables coming off the battery when trying to start the cart.

The cheapest, easiest fix.... clean the cable terminals... After cleaning the cable terminals to bare copper, it fired right up.

I should have started with the easy stuff first. So for all those out there that want to skip the following step, I highly recommend taking the 60 seconds to test it first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
.....I recommend cleaning the battery posts and cable ends back to clean/brite lead.....
Yamaha_G1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:06 PM   #78
dlees
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha_G1 View Post
Drove the cart to the pool, ran just fine. Tried to go home, and it wouldn't start.

After getting it home I tested all kinds of things.
I checked the battery, fuses, solenoids, stop switch, relay, key switch, and more... I was testing the stop switch when I realized I was only getting 6v when trying to start the cart but at the battery post I had 12v. Tracing it back with the multi-meter I got all the way back to the battery. 12v at the battery post but only 6v at power cables coming off the battery when trying to start the cart.

The cheapest, easiest fix.... clean the cable terminals... After cleaning the cable terminals to bare copper, it fired right up.

I should have started with the easy stuff first. So for all those out there that want to skip the following step, I highly recommend taking the 60 seconds to test it first.
I had the same exact issue, took my battery and got it load tested and it fixed the problem. if you haven't done a load test I would recommend it. Me being a dummy I skipped load testing the battery since it had 12V lol
dlees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:00 AM   #79
TJkerestes
Not Yet Wild

Seems ok to post in this sticky if we've tried the original test script written in the first post--awesome by the way!

I have a 1997 Yamaha G16A. Never had an issue for a few years and all of a sudden this spring get ZERO click from a pedal push, nothing at all from solenoid etc just seems completely dead.

As of now I've done the following, most before finding this site and learning that most of what I did had zero to do with my what seems to be an electrical issue, and some because it needed to be done anyways like the belt:
1. Replaced battery
2. Replaced spark plug
3. Replaced filters
4. Replaced drive belt
5. Used voltmeter to run through tests in 1st post of this sticky

As of now, when removing the pedal panel, my cart has a red and brown wire that's a dual wire as in I can't disconnect 1 and leave other connected. However a friend who knows electrical stuff claims it doesn't matter and tested both into the pedal and out of the pedal assembly with me (so 4 voltmeter tests 2 reds 2 browns) and have no energy on any of this all 0. Based on what I've read in the sticky, can anyone help me with a diagnosis if it's the pedal assembly itself that is the issue or is it going the other way from pedal assembly to the solenoid and it's a relay on that side? Included as much detail as possible sorry for the length but saw in other posts the experts said more detail the better. Need the cart to spray food plots with ASAP so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
TJ
TJkerestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:25 AM   #80
jandjglenn
Not Yet Wild

followed the steps at the beginning of this thread. I have a bad ground wire when checked on the small black wire at the solenoid. What is the fix for that?
jandjglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha