lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #1
dstaton922
Not Yet Wild

Default cart will not charge 48v 2000 club

Charger has been checked.
I charged batteries individually with 6 volt charger.
after charging batteries, they read between 5.5 to 7.0 dcv.
The charger will not start charging.
What is next step?
dstaton922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: cart will not charge 48v 2000 club

First check all yor connections and make sure they are clean and tight.....if all those pass its probly your OBC.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:13 AM   #3
traderrik
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
.....if all those pass its probly your OBC.
I know there's a way to test whether or not it's the OBC (on board computer), and that's to by-pass it. However, I've been told 2 conflicting ways to "jump" it, so I'll let someone more knowledgeable than me cite the correct and safe way to to that.
traderrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:48 AM   #4
traderrik
Not Yet Wild

I found this, referenced in the Buggies Unlimited forum. It's detailing how to bypass the OBC to use an aftermarket charge, but I see no reason why this method wouldn't work for the Club Car charger as well:

http://128.121.181.230/EZGO/ComputerInstructions.pdf
(no idea why "EZGO" is in the address bar; this *is* for a C.C.)

HTH!
traderrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:18 PM   #5
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I know once those batts drop too low the charger wont kick on. Double check those batt volts!!!!
tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:10 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you want to make certain try your charger on another cart.....if it works than change your OBC and you,ll be good to go.........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:16 AM   #7
WWW.SMB294.COM
Not Yet Wild

DOES THE CAR MOVE AT ALL? try disconnecting the battery and discharging the controller for atleast a minute, let teh car sit without any power goin through the system and put it in reverse and step on the go pedal. this will drain the controller through the reverse buzzer.. ( slightly different way to discharge it though if its a 48v IQ car. sometimes the computer will lock its self up and wont work. so u need to reboot it. also check the 3/8 amp fuses inside the yellow fuse holders. also u can probe the recepticle on the car to see if ur getting voltage should be (around give or take ) 10-16v, 32-38v, and 42-48v in different plug combinations. if any reading is 0-8v comp is bad. also u can plug the car into the charger and hit the go-pedal (car shouldnt move at all. sometimes if a computer is bad it will work opposite) IS UR BATTERY INDICATOR LIGHT ON? if not check for continuity both ways (its a diode so it shoudl only read one way, if no continuity , or continuity both ways the light is bad.. DOES THE RELAY IN THE CHARGER CLICK AT ALL WHEN U PLUG IT IN? if it does and ur still not chargen its somethin on the AC side. THERE IS A COMPUTER BYPASS U CAN DO THE CHECK BUT IF you dont have the right connector u can blow out ur comp and possibly controller if ur probes touch other pin heads. computers work on negetive voltage and are VERY sensitive to current. hope this helped alittle if not let me know and ill give u my cell number and ill walk u through the procedures over the phone.
mike aulisio
www.smb294.com
WWW.SMB294.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #8
redman
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2000 48v club car. I have to charge it every two days or the charger won't kick in. Batteries are new. Some times charger will start after an hour or so after being plugged in. When charger won't go I have to plug into another club car to start the charger then it will work on mine immediately. Also when it does kick in, it goes to 35amps, clicks off then restart all within a few seconds. anybody have any ideas??
redman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman View Post
I have a 2000 48v club car. I have to charge it every two days or the charger won't kick in. Batteries are new. Some times charger will start after an hour or so after being plugged in. When charger won't go I have to plug into another club car to start the charger then it will work on mine immediately. Also when it does kick in, it goes to 35amps, clicks off then restart all within a few seconds. anybody have any ideas??
Go back to the top of this thread and instead of 'post reply' hit 'new thread' and re-ask the same question..... this avoids runon dialoge and hijacked threads Good luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car