lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2009, 09:30 AM   #11
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New Cart....Will I be Happy?

Scotty, could the lack of torque also be due to the regen type vs series motor.

BAF it will be nothing like your rhino! but a whole lot quieter

BAF and skm, I would try your cart as is 1st and see what you need from there.

I've got the same buggy and using it for same basic purposes and I'm in a quandry as to what to do. I just got it running at the end of hunting season and wound up with some other issues so didn't get to give it a good test.

I went thru one large long water hole 16" deep, which I thought had a semi hard bottom, but was told someone else got stuck in a 4whlr 4wd, which I find hard to believe unless he found a rut that I didn'. I did hit it fairly quick, I didn't try to creep thru it.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #12
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Scuba, It sounds like your PlumQuik Motor has left you with a serious power deficiency. Personally I would find this lack of performance unacceptable. I am surprised considering how often I have heard you recommend this set up to other members? I have gotten much better performance from the old stock 36 volt motor run on 48v where you get gains in torque and speed.
Actually Scotty the PlumQuick IQ motor gave me more power and torque then what I had before. IQ's as you know are all 48 volt motors so we don't have the option of going to a 36 volt motor on an IQ 48 volt cart as far as I know. With my 22x11x10 wheels and tires and the stock 48 volt 3.3 hp motor set at Code 4 I had much less speed and torque. What I was trying to explain to skm2006 that if he wants to go mudding or up some steep hills like the 50 degree I was talking about a stock or PQ speed motor is not what he wants. For $300 and getting 26+ MPH for street use and small hills it's fine with me. I'll still recommend the PQ over stock motors especially since they don't require changing out the controller for speed.

One thing I need to add here is that as most state including PlumQuick, by adding a good controller and 4 gauge wires will increase your low end torque with both stock and their motors. With my needs at this time I don't require nor want to spend an extra $500 for more low end torque.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #13
blaynef13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks, everyone. If I do end up wanting another motor have been looking at the one on CartZone that says it has 70% more torque than stock. Has anyone had any experience with these and how hard is it to change the motor out?
blaynef13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:15 PM   #14
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Which motor on Carts Zone are you reffering to?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #15
blaynef13
Gone Wild

Club Car

http://www.cartszone.com/catalog/cart09/cz-9F50.htm

I don't know if this will link or not but this is the page.

BAF
Old 04-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #16
roady89
nimda
Club Car

OH YEA!...thats a nice motor. It'll be perfect with your controller. Thats a D&D motor. Cant go wrong there.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #17
roady89
nimda
Club Car

If thats the one I'm thinking of D&D claims "* Highest Torque Aftermarket Motors sold today!"
Old 04-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #18
blaynef13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good deal! That is what i want. I don't care anything about speed, just want to have power. is it hard to change motors out? Never had a cart before.

BAF
Old 04-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #19
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Its real easy if you have the tools. Take the plastic rear inspection cover off, 4 nuts for the motor cables....4 bolts for the motor and it should slip right off.

Use 2 wrenches to loosen the cable nuts. One to hold the nut that is against the case and the other to loosen the other nut. Once you get them loose they should come off by hand. It won't hurt anything to use some WD-40 and let them soak a bit beforehand. You can post the old motor in BGW's for sale section to maybe recoup some money.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:32 PM   #20
blaynef13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Doesn't sound that tough. Thanks for the help!

BAF
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car