lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2019, 08:24 PM   #11
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Battery Store

Mine could easily do 10 miles with that load and I have 84ah leaf cells. Even the 60ah cells will probably do it without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2019, 09:30 PM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by garveyjac View Post
Volt, you are making me think I am oversizing. The buggie will be used on a our hunting ranch and could be carrying 4 200+ lb guys to deer stands not to mention a deer or two. Our ranch is a little over 1 square mile. The terrain is brushy but not hilly. Would you feel your cart could go say 10 miles of driving with an 800 lb to 1000lb load with your setup.
IMHO, if you go over 120AH, your well over what you really need. My 60AH setup gets me everywhere (and back) that I need to go. I hunt the hills of SW Pa. and believe me......we got real hills here.

I will state that I'm looking to upgrade to a 120AH leaf build. Not that I really need it......but I want the extra AH capacity for some joy riding as well as hunting.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:10 AM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My 120AH cart easily does 3 rounds of golf including driving to the club and back. That is over 20 miles. My pack is 14S 120AH. Nominal voltage is over 48V with 14S. (52V) with a max of 58V.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:07 AM   #14
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've got the 120Ah Leaf pack as well. On mostly flat paved roads running 20-22 mph stop and go, I get 40-45 miles with 2 adults in the precedent and 50-55 miles on the RXV.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:20 PM   #15
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
I've got the 120Ah Leaf pack as well. On mostly flat paved roads running 20-22 mph stop and go, I get 40-45 miles with 2 adults in the precedent and 50-55 miles on the RXV.

Hmm, by your map and route it looks like you drove right past my home. Now, you have me thinking that I might have been presumptuous to purchase ONLY seven leafs, 14s @66ah.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:19 PM   #16
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Hmm, by your map and route it looks like you drove right past my home. Now, you have me thinking that I might have been presumptuous to purchase ONLY seven leafs, 14s @66ah.
I can go from Orange Blossom Country Club to Brownwood Town square for happy hour and back and still have a comfortable reserve left with the Club Car ~53.3v (I use 52v as usual min before charging). I'm not sure how it'll do once they get the new cart bridges installed over the Turnpike and open up the roads to the new sections of The Villages... I might be limited to the RXV for those trips or top off charge on the way.

MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:29 PM   #17
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

IMO the Seven Leaf setup is marginal. Better to have 14 and never push the available range if you want them to last a long time. I charge to 90% and discharge to around 25% before charging. That gets me 3 rounds of golf. If I only had 7 modules I would be pushing it to do two rounds and even the 14 module pack only weighs 110 pounds.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:54 PM   #18
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
IMO the Seven Leaf setup is marginal. Better to have 14 and never push the available range if you want them to last a long time. I charge to 90% and discharge to around 25% before charging. That gets me 3 rounds of golf. If I only had 7 modules I would be pushing it to do two rounds and even the 14 module pack only weighs 110 pounds.
My purchase of lithium was as an experiment to see if I wanted to fully submit to the change with both our GCs. The most I have driven in one day is 20 miles with my Trojans (four years old, at that). I hate the smell that charging causes, and I hate having to remember to add water to them. I have gotten lazy since I retired, even though I have something to do every day that keeps me busy. Busy at things I wish to do.
I got a really good deal (I hope) on my battery pack, with rods, spacers and book ends (my name for them). I hope when I go back to purchase more, I can find a deal close to as good as I got when I purchased these. Hopefully, these have some lifespan left in them. I know that sitting on the bench waiting for my other parts to get here from China, they have held the same charge they had when they arrived.
On the bright side, I have only put less than ten thousand miles on my Ford in the last 8 years.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:57 PM   #19
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
On the bright side, I have only put less than ten thousand miles on my Ford in the last 8 years.
Wow!! I put about 10K per year on my F-150. Most of that is travel to my Son's place from here (Pittsburgh Pa) to Saline Michigan.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 02:00 PM   #20
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
I can go from Orange Blossom Country Club to Brownwood Town square for happy hour and back and still have a comfortable reserve left with the Club Car ~53.3v (I use 52v as usual min before charging). I'm not sure how it'll do once they get the new cart bridges installed over the Turnpike and open up the roads to the new sections of The Villages... I might be limited to the RXV for those trips or top off charge on the way.

As long as I can get to my son's in Pennecamp and my brothers in Mallory and back, I am satisfied. That's about 8 miles one way to each from my house. Of course, with the lithium I could drive there and charge it while I am visiting. I'm not sure if I would have enough room for another pack without splitting it up. I have an old CCDS. On the other hand, my wife has a Yamaha G22 and I think the battery bay is sufficient to hold a double pack of two sevens in parallel. I have time before her Trojans wind down. At least a year, I hope.

Tags
battery, lithium, stealth, store
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car