lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2019, 02:12 PM   #11
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Default Re: New suspension for CC lithium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
Right now the cart is stock springs with fresh shocks. It's not too bad for us because we mostly drive paved roads and golf courses. That being said if there's something new that Club Car came out with that just happens to be tailored to what we need after a lithium conversion...

Well break out the Visa and call UPS!

Hopefully Tahoe or another CC dealer might have some info. I've a couple of weeks before I get back to the cart...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Where did u get your shocks from.

cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2019, 02:27 PM   #12
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmysstailights View Post
Where did u get your shocks from.

David Hicks at Revolution carts.

MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 03:54 PM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I know these are for EZ-GO's, but this type of spring may be what I will get. https://www.golfcartking.com/ezgo-tx...g-kit-1994-up/ According to the description they are normal....then when a load is on that straight spring kicks in to help.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 02:37 PM   #14
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I know these are for EZ-GO's, but this type of spring may be what I will get. https://www.golfcartking.com/ezgo-tx...g-kit-1994-up/ According to the description they are normal....then when a load is on that straight spring kicks in to help.
I know that the dual rate springs are available and some people have success but I am really curious what the Club Car's factory solution the problem is. Is it worth making a change or just marketing? Can we even get part #'s to order or will it be like the Onward stuff?

Old 09-26-2019, 05:42 PM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
I know that the dual rate springs are available and some people have success but I am really curious what the Club Car's factory solution the problem is. Is it worth making a change or just marketing? Can we even get part #'s to order or will it be like the Onward stuff?
Yeah....your point is valid.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:28 AM   #16
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I asked David at Revolution golf cars about this. Here is his answer:

Club Car used to use different springs on the DS electric than they used on the DS gas. However, I've done some digging and come to the conclusion that both of those part numbers have now been discontinued. When keyed into their system, either number diverts me to a new replacement part number, 103629001 - REAR LEAF SPRING - DS.

Evidently at some point in the past they've decided to start using the same spring on all DS cars, regardless of whether they're gas or electric. They do not release any information as to the spring rate of these replacement springs. I asked a couple people at Club Car and they don't know whether they're stiffer or softer than the old electric springs.

Precedent springs are totally different than DS springs and will not fit at all. The centering bolt in the middle of the leaf perfectly centered in a DS leaf spring, while it's off-set 3 or 4 inches to one side on a Precedent spring. I think the overall length of the spring is a couple inches different as well, so that's definitely not gonna work. I think your best option may be to search the web for somebody with an old gas car who may have upgraded to heavy duty springs and kept the old ones that they took off. I can't comment on what the actual difference was in the spring rate on gas vs electric, but I can definitely confirm that they're different. The part number for the springs you're looking for is 1012324.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:58 PM   #17
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
I asked David at Revolution golf cars about this. Here is his answer:

Club Car used to use different springs on the DS electric than they used on the DS gas. However, I've done some digging and come to the conclusion that both of those part numbers have now been discontinued. When keyed into their system, either number diverts me to a new replacement part number, 103629001 - REAR LEAF SPRING - DS.

Evidently at some point in the past they've decided to start using the same spring on all DS cars, regardless of whether they're gas or electric. They do not release any information as to the spring rate of these replacement springs. I asked a couple people at Club Car and they don't know whether they're stiffer or softer than the old electric springs.

Precedent springs are totally different than DS springs and will not fit at all. The centering bolt in the middle of the leaf perfectly centered in a DS leaf spring, while it's off-set 3 or 4 inches to one side on a Precedent spring. I think the overall length of the spring is a couple inches different as well, so that's definitely not gonna work. I think your best option may be to search the web for somebody with an old gas car who may have upgraded to heavy duty springs and kept the old ones that they took off. I can't comment on what the actual difference was in the spring rate on gas vs electric, but I can definitely confirm that they're different. The part number for the springs you're looking for is 1012324.
Thanks for reaching out to David. I should have been more clear on my original post I was looking at the new "Optimized" springs as a solution go anyone having done a lithium conversion on a Precedent or Onward. In my case my wife's is a 2006 Precedent.

Club Car is advertising new "Optimized rear leaf springs for lighter vehicle for better ride quality" on the new factory lithium carts.

I'm wondering if it makes enough difference to warrant changing? I think that they would be a direct replacement for any Precedent or Onward if they're even available...?

I may just be the Guinea pig and try to order a set when I get back. :)

Old 10-24-2019, 06:33 AM   #18
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

If anyone is looking at upgrading to the suspension on the new CC lithium carts forget about it. I reach out to David asking specifically about the spring and suspension part numbers for the new 2020 Onward Lithium model.

I was surprisingly disappointed.

Here's what David found out:
"I got a 2020 Onward book for the Lithium version.* It lists the exact same part number for the leaf spring as the 2015 Club Car Precedent....* So I don't know what's up with their description there, but I think it's bull...

They offer a mono-leaf heavy duty spring, but only on the cars with a rear seat kit or a lift kit.* That may be what they're talking about."

So it looks like more of the same or possibly a stacked HD leaf spring with a leaf removed.

I do find it disturbing that CC is headlining the upgraded suspension in the lithium cart in their advertising but do not seem to have changed anything... Hmmm.. :(

Old 10-24-2019, 06:50 AM   #19
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well that's disappointing!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:37 AM   #20
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

"SUSPENSION
Optimized stiffer suspension for a lighter weight battery pack provides enhanced comfort with maximum safety benefits, mitigating body roll through turns."

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

My guess is that they are the same springs as the fleet Onward. Then they dress up the description with 'Optimized stiffer suspension' and 'mitigating body roll thru the turns'.

That sounds exactly like what all of us Precedent owners end up with when upgrading to Lithium. Except of course the word 'Optimized'. What none of us have realized yet, is the 'enhanced comfort'.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car