lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2020, 05:41 PM   #1
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Lithium Guru advise on prebuilt batteries for upgraded controller etc

Looking for lithium battery replacements and I’m running XCT500IQ controller, 400 solenoid/the Admiral 14 HP A4 motor on my 48v 2015 Precedent. The 6x8v Trojans are taking a dump after less than 2 years (don't know why). I drive maybe 7-10 miles a day at best but lots of hills.

I need educated help as I'm electrically and mathematically challenged. My head is spinning with lithium speak and I'm NOT trying to build a battery from scratch as I"m not smart enough.

I'm looking at this 60ah setup (freakin' pricey!!!) as it seems Allied suggests at least a 60ah kit with upgraded controllers/motors.

https://www.extremekartz.com/club-ca...ttery-charger/

Any help appreciated on what I REALLY need.
Zeusmotorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2020, 05:56 PM   #2
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Guru advise on prebuilt batteries for upgraded controller etc

First of all,I know they can be cheaper.

https://acegolfcartcovers.com/produc...28294084100189

If you are not into building your own then they be best option. Look also at RoyPow. YOu can find info if you search the sight. I think they had a dealer in Texas
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:09 PM   #3
ozycart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Guru advise on prebuilt batteries for upgraded controller etc

I just got the 60ah Allied installed in my '08 Precedent and have been happy so far.

However, what I really wanted was the 105ah or 160ah Roypow. Check the threads on this other forum on this site: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/all-things-lithium/

The reason I opted for the Allied was simply a lack of patience. My '08 has a 4x12v setup with a divider down the middle of the battery tray. To use the Roypow pack, I'd have to replace the battery tray in my cart. I'm too lazy. The 160ah Roypows are also on backorder for who knows how long because of the Coronavirus in China. You can get the 105ah pretty readily though. The Allied 4x12v 60ah were just quicker and easier for me to get and fit my needs -- casual golfer, stock motor, etc.

If I were in your shoes with your cart, I'd get the 105ah Roypow if you want it now (price with charger is similar to the 60ah Allied setup I believe) or I'd hold out for the 160ah Roypow if you can wait a month or two.

I'm not trying to plug a non-sponsor here, but I got my Allied setup from here because it was the best price I could find including the charger ($2283.95 including charger for the 60ah, and free shipping): https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/c...-pack-48-volt/ The other site listed above is roughly $100 more for the same setup.

Of course, someone else is going to come along now and tell me where I could have found them even cheaper. LOL

Oh, note you'll need to bypass the OBC to use the Allied charger. There are threads here on how to do it, but I didn't want to hack up the wiring harness myself (again I'm lazy) so I just bought an OBC bypass kit for $80. Yeah, it cost me $80 more than if I hacked it myself, but it is reversible and foolproof.
ozycart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:30 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

60AH is pretty marginal IMO. I would opt for more if possible.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:34 PM   #5
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by klubber View Post
First of all,I know they can be cheaper.

https://acegolfcartcovers.com/produc...28294084100189

If you are not into building your own then they be best option. Look also at RoyPow. YOu can find info if you search the sight. I think they had a dealer in Texas
A dealer in my area has the 51v 56a RoyPow with charger in stock for $1650. However it's a max discharge rate of 115a compared to Allied's suggested 60ah set which has a max discharge rate of 200a. I'm not smart enough to know if I can get by with the 51v 56ah with my controller/motor/hills around here.
Old 02-24-2020, 06:40 PM   #6
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Side note... the max discharge on the 105ah RoyPow is ALSO only 115A... isn't that too little for my controller/motor?
Old 02-24-2020, 06:47 PM   #7
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Also, it carries my 140lb wife, 120 lb Cane Corso, and my mostly muscle 260lb *** up hills.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:33 PM   #8
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozycart View Post
I just got the 60ah Allied installed in my '08 Precedent and have been happy so far.

However, what I really wanted was the 105ah or 160ah Roypow. Check the threads on this other forum on this site: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/all-things-lithium/

The reason I opted for the Allied was simply a lack of patience. My '08 has a 4x12v setup with a divider down the middle of the battery tray. To use the Roypow pack, I'd have to replace the battery tray in my cart. I'm too lazy. The 160ah Roypows are also on backorder for who knows how long because of the Coronavirus in China. You can get the 105ah pretty readily though. The Allied 4x12v 60ah were just quicker and easier for me to get and fit my needs -- casual golfer, stock motor, etc.

If I were in your shoes with your cart, I'd get the 105ah Roypow if you want it now (price with charger is similar to the 60ah Allied setup I believe) or I'd hold out for the 160ah Roypow if you can wait a month or two.

I'm not trying to plug a non-sponsor here, but I got my Allied setup from here because it was the best price I could find including the charger ($2283.95 including charger for the 60ah, and free shipping): https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/c...-pack-48-volt/ The other site listed above is roughly $100 more for the same setup.

Of course, someone else is going to come along now and tell me where I could have found them even cheaper. LOL

Oh, note you'll need to bypass the OBC to use the Allied charger. There are threads here on how to do it, but I didn't want to hack up the wiring harness myself (again I'm lazy) so I just bought an OBC bypass kit for $80. Yeah, it cost me $80 more than if I hacked it myself, but it is reversible and foolproof.

I’m really tired of waiting myself. My current batteries only lasted 24 holes Saturday. Ugh
How long are they lasting per charge? Do a test for me and see how many miles you get.
I’m still waiting on the roypow 160ah but if I don’t hear something this week may just buy a set of Trojans and be done with it. Dealer quoted me a great price on the 875’s installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:26 AM   #9
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well I am far from a guru! Without the help from members on this forum I would not have been able to build my lithium conversion.

Here is a recent thread you may want to look at before making a decision on manufacturer and/or size of battery pack: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/all-t...batteries.html

My understanding is that it is not so much the manufacturer of the batteries as it is the size of the battery pack...
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:39 PM   #10
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thx, dropped a post in that thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car