lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2020, 04:04 PM   #11
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: starting the leaf swap, setting suggestions needed

crap. I dont have long enough bus bars. Guess Ill have to fab something up. So basically just make 3 long bars and attach them then let sit? Should I charge it after like that? Ill just go pickup some aluminum flat bar
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2020, 04:48 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That was the answers to your question about getting them all to the same voltage, which without a BMS the lower the voltage they are the better.

You don't need a bus bar for this, any wire 14ga or so is plenty.

After they get all to the same voltage you need to reconfigure them according to your application (14S), don't charge them in parallel with a regular charger.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:01 PM   #13
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

thanx bud!
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:15 PM   #14
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You can use speaker wire instead of bus bars. You should not do this unless the voltages start out being reasonably close anyway. I would not do it if they are off by more than .2V per cell. You can discharge any that are too high using a 12V halogen bulb as a load. Monitor with your DVM and stop when the voltage gets close to your lower voltage cells.
I would not invest in bus bar copper just to do this. It's not necessary.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:31 PM   #15
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is a question I got. Which signal do you interrupt with your LV/HV relay. I read Sergio uses the kysw signal on pin 10 of the controller. Other use an additional contactor to open the main solenoid path while others look like they open the solenoid activation line. I've been thinking about using the OBC charger lockout signal since it won't be used on this system. Any thoughts pro or con on all these methods.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:07 PM   #16
MauiNate
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Here is a question I got. Which signal do you interrupt with your LV/HV relay. I read Sergio uses the kysw signal on pin 10 of the controller. Other use an additional contactor to open the main solenoid path while others look like they open the solenoid activation line. I've been thinking about using the OBC charger lockout signal since it won't be used on this system. Any thoughts pro or con on all these methods.
Good ?'s. I'd love to know the pros and cons as well! Thanks!
MauiNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:55 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Disabling the Solenoid by itself could damage the contacts by opening under load or specific to Sepex, damage the Controller Armature driver if it happens during Regen.

I think disabling the Controller KSI input for either system is a good way to allow the Controller to turn its output OFF without damage.

Using the charger lockout signal could also be a good way to disable Sepex carts, but I have never tried that with the cart moving to know how the Controller handles it.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car